Groupie
United States
Joined 5415 days ago

52 posts - 60 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian, Serbian, Estonian

Message 177 of 182
30 November 2009 at 6:47pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to join the TAC 2010 challenge as well. I just started a log that I wasn't planning on updating until December anyway, so it works out well. I've never participated in the TAC though, and I'm hoping I'll be able to keep my schedule organized so I have time for all of my languages.
1 person has voted this message useful

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5276 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Polish, Modern Hebrew

Message 178 of 182
30 November 2009 at 7:25pm | IP Logged 
I think I am going to start in the next week or so because I found the FSI course for Serbo-Croatian online and I think I'll use that as much as I can and then use some more laid back and less intense materials such as a grammar book or teach yourself. I will probably post my log sometime this week.

Thuan
Triglot
GermanyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6725 days ago

133 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: Vietnamese, German*, English
Studies: French, Japanese, Romanian, Swedish, Mandarin

Message 179 of 182
30 November 2009 at 8:58pm | IP Logged 
I`d be in for the next round. I have quite a few languages lined up besides my long-term goal of literacy in Japanese (Korean, French, Swedish, Italian and either Mandarin or Cantonese).
I had French for five years in school, so it shouldn`t be that difficult to reach a decent level there. Swedish is close to German and English, so that`s another easy language (like Italian). Korean is going to be the real challenge and my main focus. I`ve spent the past few years wandering from one method to another, never staying with one thing for too long. Now I could at least that I`ve tried most of the methods mentioned on HTLAL. Korean would be a good opportunity to take my experience with Japanese and develop a simple method that I would follow through with for Korean.

FVerschoor
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 6144 days ago

44 posts - 44 votes
Speaks: English*, Dutch*
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 180 of 182
30 November 2009 at 10:56pm | IP Logged 
I'm definitely in for '10. I have never done a TAC challenge before, and I'm hoping this will give me an extra little push for learning. I'm planning on studying Russian and maybe pick up on Spanish again.

Russian will be my priority though.

-Kupo-
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5862 days ago

84 posts - 84 votes 
1 sounds
Studies: German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian

Message 181 of 182
30 November 2009 at 11:27pm | IP Logged 
My TAC09 was an absolutely disaster... however I will be back with force for TAC2010! I will create a blog soon in preparation for the starting date of January 01. I haven't totally figured out all the targets and target languages so look out for my new style blog in a few days :D

NichtGut
Groupie
United States
the-daily-treasure.bRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6127 days ago

65 posts - 74 votes 
Studies: French

Message 182 of 182
01 December 2009 at 8:51am | IP Logged 
Hey everyone Fasulye made a new post about this in the language learning log forum, please go check it out if you plan on joining up or want to see what it is all about, I personally can't wait to start!

This discussion contains 182 messages over 23 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version