Joined 6587 days ago

358 posts - 422 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, Ukrainian
Studies: Spanish

Message 65 of 79
10 June 2008 at 4:18pm | IP Logged 
Cage wrote:
Mr. Bear you maybe on to something there! If we get it started, you may participate as an honorary member.

See? Why would a man suggest that a Homophobe Polyglote thread need to honor members? :) One doesn't need to be Freud to read between the lines and resolve this apparent contradiction of yours there, Cage :)

Quote:

But come on now...you folks have your own mantra about attributing the greatest contributions of human kind to homosexuals as kind of a way of justifying your sexual preferences. Seriously though, I am in awe of anyone who speaks multiple languages no matter who he/she chooses to play with. Hey even if someone into bestiality can speak 10 languages I am impressed, at least with his/her language abilities.

That is mighty big of you, Cage. Too bad you weren't open minded enough not to offend at least one of the posters.

Edited by Russianbear on 10 June 2008 at 5:11pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Maximus
United Kingdom
Joined 6561 days ago

417 posts - 427 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Japanese, Thai

Message 66 of 79
10 June 2008 at 5:21pm | IP Logged 
Cage wrote:
There is probably only one thing that occurs much more often among the homos than the population in general and that is auto immune deficiency disease. All else are the fantasies of that particular group. Maximus' post about the subject was excellent and the most complete treatise on the subject I have ever read. Well said buddy.

Cage, I am pleased that you enjoyed the extensive response I wrote. The truth is I really like to write down my own views on paper becuae this is a way that one can reflect on their opinions and develop theirown views pertaining to certain issues. For someone to say that they can relate to my views or congratulate my posts is a moment of pride for myself. I will say just for the record, I don't write to offend people, I write down my own views as I believe that it is good to address certain important issues on the internet as I did with my previous post. I believe it is my responsibility as an adult to use the internet for discussing various issues.

"Cage and Maximus

From the forum rules:

'FLAMES & PERSONAL ATTACKS
Do not post deliberately inflammatory, argumentative or aggressive messages. If you disagree with a person, you can argue with his ideas in an argumentative and respectful manner. Don't attack the person, his personality or what he is, even in an indirect way.'"

Personal attacks and flames? In my extended post I haven't personally attacked anyone. I have simply spoken about my personal experiences.

"Maximus - Just what have your 'observations' on how you find feminine men offensive"

I didn't state that I find feminine men offensive in my post. You are just bending my words and molding them to suit yourself. But of course you will do that, because you can, because now days if anyone even disputes any issue on homosexuality, one will immediately be labelled an homophobe. That is the "safety card" which is always used. I mentioned that I believe that I believe that many of those guys exaggerate their behaviour and just immitate the stereotypes of the media or of the gay culture and also I expressed that they only serve to alienate themselves. Also, by expressing that when people don't act in accordance to the gender role, (for example the extremely manly transsexual who kind of startled me a liitle because the situation was novel), by expressing this doesn't mean I express hatred. I thought I made this clear in my post. That just a little fear of the unknown is normal to some extent and not necessarily hatred. This is so with Hanako, the feminine transsexual who doesn't freek me out at all becuase she just acts and seems like a regular lady. But of course people will trist my words again claiming that I have insulted certain groups, yet I have already drawn a distinction between hatred and a slight fear in novel situations.

"I have already pointed out that I find the contents of your posts offensive and yet they have continued."

Again, I have not insulted in my previous post. I simple expressed my experiences and feelings of the position of some homosexuals in society. My standpoint wasn't an insulting one at all. I don't believe that I directed insults at anyone.

"Sounds like some people are bitter just because a few gay people know more languages than them. What a hit for their manly selves! :)"

Again these are just not true. This is based on the premise that one is hates homosexuals and therefore would be jeleous of any homosexual who is better at a certain skill. This viewpoint falls to the ground because as I expressed previously, me extensive post wasn't an attack on homosexuals. Just an expression of my experiences and feelings on the situation.

"Cage and Maximus should stop the charade and ask each other out on a date."

Again this is another example. People use the excuse all the time. "oh, you only dispute with us because you are a secret closet homosexual! You must have an hidden sexuality and sexual insecurities!" Oh this one again. So whenever anyone disagrees with the unfounded and illogical claims like cooking, gender, one's sexual preferences and languages, people either use the immature "insecurities" defense or they pull out the "homophobia card".

And since extremist homosexuals and sympathizers will say anything to attribute any success to their homosexuality, they use studies from some psuedo-science of psychology! And of course, within the social sciences, if one doesn't uphold and ally themselves blindly and unquestionably with the ultra-liberal standpoints and if anyone criticizes any of these viewpoints, they are just subjected to intense criticism, which in reality is less like criticism in an academic sense of the term, but more like childish quarrels when people who even debate against the unfounded claims are labelled as "homophobes", ect...

Just for the record, my extensive post wasn't even anti-homosexual. So don't twist my words.

Russianbear
Triglot
United States
Joined 6587 days ago

358 posts - 422 votes 
1 sounds

Message 67 of 79
10 June 2008 at 5:27pm | IP Logged 
Maximus wrote:

And since extremist homosexuals and sympathizers will say anything to attribute any success to their homosexuality, they use studies from some psuedo-science of psychology! And of course, within the social sciences, if one doesn't uphold and ally themselves blindly and unquestionably with the ultra-liberal standpoints and if anyone criticizes any of these viewpoints, they are just subjected to intense criticism, which in reality is less like criticism in an academic sense of the term, but more like childish quarrels when people who even debate against the unfounded claims are labelled as "homophobes", ect...

What exactly was said in this thread that attributed someone's success to someone's homosexuality? Provide the exact quotes, please.

Sennin
Bulgaria
Joined 5846 days ago

1457 posts - 1759 votes 
5 sounds

Message 68 of 79
10 June 2008 at 5:35pm | IP Logged 
Nobody is discussing the real issue people are just bragging and making fun of each other. This has noting to do with the real topic any more.

Maximus
United Kingdom
Joined 6561 days ago

417 posts - 427 votes 

Message 69 of 79
10 June 2008 at 5:46pm | IP Logged 
Mr. Bear,

You doubt that this thread is trying to attribute one's success to homosexuality? Why on earth else would someone open a thread titled "Gay and Polyglot"? By isolating one group and making a thread about them and links to linguistic ability in itself is again jumping on this band wagon of expressing homosexual supremacy. Not to mention that there are also many polyglots who just don't happen to be homosexuals. I believe that it is just wishful thinking. Just like Cage intelligently put it,

"All else are the fantasies of that particular group".

The aforementioned supremacists think of some idea, they want it to be true, and then because of their ultra-strong pride for their sexuality, they try to potray the skill as a direct result of homosexuality. This idea of gay pride has just gone too far! The way that people place so much emphasis on sexuality! I don't see why one has to be so proud of their sexuality anyway. It is not like it is an achievement or a trophy, it is just there. Again, this obsession with Gay Pride is another form of self-alienation. Even Amparo, my ulta-liberal homosexual-sympathizer hostmother with whom I lived in Spain, (even she) expressed that people, whoever they are, should seek to integrate well like other people as opposed to isoloting themselves within the all-gay communities.
As for exact phrases, the opening post's author gives examples of several homosexuals. Why else would one do this? It is trying to link a direct consequence with one's sexuality. And in my post about the attribution of success and homosupremacists, I wasn't in particularly refering to this thread, more of people certain groups of people and certain attitudes in society.

Also, to the others, could someone tell me in what way my post pertaining to my experiences and feelings on the issue is offensive? I never wrote with the intention of writing in insultive content. Is it truly offensive? Or are people just attacking it because they do this to everyone who doesn't agree with their ideals?

Edited by Maximus on 10 June 2008 at 6:09pm

Maximus
United Kingdom
Joined 6561 days ago

417 posts - 427 votes 

Message 70 of 79
10 June 2008 at 5:48pm | IP Logged 
Sennin wrote:
Nobody is discussing the real issue people are just bragging and making fun of each other. This has noting to do with the real topic any more.

Making fun? I have said that I didn't write my post with the intention to insult. Similarly, I don't see how I for one have made fun of anyone.

Sennin
Bulgaria
Joined 5846 days ago

1457 posts - 1759 votes 
5 sounds

Message 71 of 79
10 June 2008 at 6:23pm | IP Logged 
Duh... Ok, you are not making fun. Nonetheless, I also intend to abandon this thread, full of lengthy verbal exchanges that overflow with brotherly love and mutual understanding.

[edit]

Quote:
I don't see why one has to be so proud of their sexuality anyway. It is not like it is an achievement or a trophy, it is just there. Again, this obsession with Gay Pride is another form of self-alienation. Even Amparo, my ulta-liberal homosexual-sympathizer hostmother with whom I lived in Spain, (even she) expressed that people, whoever they are, should seek to integrate well like other people as opposed to isoloting themselves within the all-gay communities.

Actually I completely agree with this, but for god's sake, the wikipedia article is about brain chemistry not gay pride.

Edited by Sennin on 10 June 2008 at 6:48pm

Russianbear
Triglot
United States
Joined 6587 days ago

358 posts - 422 votes 
1 sounds

Message 72 of 79
11 June 2008 at 9:03am | IP Logged 
Maximus wrote:
Mr. Bear,

You doubt that this thread is trying to attribute one's success to homosexuality? Why on earth else would someone open a thread titled "Gay and Polyglot"? By isolating one group and making a thread about them and links to linguistic ability in itself is again jumping on this band wagon of expressing homosexual supremacy. Not to mention that there are also many polyglots who just don't happen to be homosexuals. I believe that it is just wishful thinking.
Yes, I strongly doubt that this thread is trying to attribute one's success to homosexuality. There are two main reasons. First of all, the thread's title is not "Gay and Polyglot", it is "Gay and a polygot?". notice the question mark. It seems the idea was to question things, not to make some supremacist statements. And second, even if the thread WAS titled "Gay and Polyglot", why would you assume that it automatically meant to express "homosexual supremacy"? If I create a thread "Russian and a Polyglot", simply for the purpose of compiling some sort of a list of Russian polyglots, would that make me a Russian supremacist of some kind? That doesn't make sense. For a person who complained about political correctness getting out of hand, you sure don't seem to mind using it and to make ridiculous logic jumps for your own agenda. And if there was some vague talk about "gay" and "polyglot" connection, it was merely a correlation kind of thing, not causation. Correlation doesn't imply causation. But for your point of someone supposedly "trying to attribute one's (language) success to homosexuality", there would have to be not just claims of correlation, but also causation (since the word "to attribute" implies causation), which I don't think was the case at all. So the notion of homosexual supremacy was introduced into this discussion by none other than YOU. So your "reasoning" is just a compilation of strawmen and non sequitur logical fallacies.
Quote:

The aforementioned supremacists think of some idea, they want it to be true, and then because of their ultra-strong pride for their sexuality, they try to potray the skill as a direct result of homosexuality. This idea of gay pride has just gone too far! The way that people place so much emphasis on sexuality! I don't see why one has to be so proud of their sexuality anyway. It is not like it is an achievement or a trophy, it is just there. Again, this obsession with Gay Pride is another form of self-alienation. Even Amparo, my ulta-liberal homosexual-sympathizer hostmother with whom I lived in Spain, (even she) expressed that people, whoever they are, should seek to integrate well like other people as opposed to isoloting themselves within the all-gay communities.

The obsession with Gay Pride exists only in your own head. Has anyone other than you even mentioned it here? You have misread other people statements and starting thinking they were about Gay Pride and then you got all riled up about the supposed Gay Pride infiltrating the discussion.

Quote:

As for exact phrases, the opening post's author gives examples of several homosexuals. Why else would one do this? It is trying to link a direct consequence with one's sexuality. And in my post about the attribution of success and homosupremacists, I wasn't in particularly refering to this thread, more of people certain groups of people and certain attitudes in society.

Again, you are the one who introduced the notion of "homosupremacy" into the discussion when noone else did. Yes, the opening post's author gives examples of several homosexuals. People (including you, I think) have given examples of straight polyglots. Why would one do this? According to your own logic it would be to assert heterosexual supremacy and to try to link direct consequence with one's sexuality. This "logic" is utter nonsense. Citing examples of gay polyglots is an innocent thing that absolutely has nothing to do with gay supremacy or trying to attribute one success to one's sexual orientation. It is what it is: mere examples of gay polyglots and nothing more. So, whenever you say you see talk of "homosupremacy" where there clearly isn't one, it tells us more about you than it does about this discussion. Only a person who is spectacularly ignorant of logic would claim that mere examples of gay polyglots are somehow equivalent to a statement that gays are superior.

And you need to make up your mind on "the attribution of success and homosupremacists". Do you see it/them in this thread or not? You seemed to state you clearly did - and you still pretend you did in this latest post of yours. And yet now you say you weren't "in particularly refering to this thread". Well, whatever your beef with gay community is, it is hardly logical and it makes little sense to pretend people in this thread are responsible for what you perceive to be talk of homosexual supremacy outside of this thread.

Edited by Russianbear on 11 June 2008 at 9:26am

4 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 79 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version