United States
furrykef.com/
Joined 6287 days ago

681 posts - 862 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Japanese, Latin, Italian

Message 17 of 21
21 May 2008 at 12:22pm | IP Logged 
I'd recommend Mnemosyne over jMemorize. SuperMemo's memorization system seems to be much more suited to long-term memorization than the Leitner system, and Mnemosyne's algorithm is based on SuperMemo's. I use SuperMemo myself, but, sadly, it is extremely poorly-designed and poorly-coded software, and in good conscience I cannot recommend it to anybody who does not need its more advanced features.

- Kef

1 person has voted this message useful

Great Britain
Joined 5335 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes

Message 18 of 21
17 June 2010 at 8:08pm | IP Logged 
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know of an SRS programme where you can
import audio files like you can text files? (i.e. in mass amounts rather than
individually)

At the moment with Mnemosyne I'm having to input all the audio files individually and
it's taking a massive amount of time to do.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edited by 2011 on 17 June 2010 at 11:10pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

jerrypettit
Groupie
United States
Joined 5841 days ago

79 posts - 103 votes 

Message 19 of 21
19 June 2010 at 8:50pm | IP Logged 
I'm able to import multiple audio files pretty easily with Supermemo. I'm not sure, but I thought Anki could do this, too.

sik0fewl
Canada
Joined 5309 days ago

31 posts - 43 votes
Studies: French

Message 20 of 21
21 June 2010 at 5:13am | IP Logged 
2011 wrote:
At the moment with Mnemosyne I'm having to input all the audio files individually and it's taking a massive amount of time to do.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

You can do this in Anki with a little work.

1. First, create a TSV* file with all the stuff you want to import. In the column for the sound input "[sound:filename.mp3]".
2. Copy your sounds files into the ".media" folder. eg, French.media if the name of your deck is "French".
3. Now import your TSV file into your deck.
4. Study!

* tab separated values. I think comma separated should work, too. When I did it I used tab because I know tabs wouldn't appear in any of my sentences and therefore I didn't have to do any escaping of commas.

The only issue is that step #1 might be just as much of a hassle as what you are already doing. When I did it this way, I wrote a script to do the grunt work for me :).

feanarosurion
Canada
Joined 5096 days ago

217 posts - 316 votes 
Studies: Finnish, Norwegian

Message 21 of 21
24 June 2010 at 2:40am | IP Logged 
In Anki it's a lot easier than that I think. You can do it right on the card when you add it in. There's a little button right there. Although it might be time consuming if you have a lot of sound clips.

This discussion contains 21 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version