justpaste.it/kanewai
Joined 4669 days ago

1386 posts - 3054 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Marshallese
Studies: Italian, Spanish

Message 169 of 172
16 November 2013 at 10:09am | IP Logged 
21.25%

"Language Geek" ... but I suddenly feel so unworthy.   
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6377 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 170 of 172
16 November 2013 at 7:45pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Serpent wrote:
Only 39.38%. :'-(
46.88%. some improvement in 4 years:-)
Serpent wrote:
Serpent on January 8 wrote:
Serpent wrote:
Only 39.38%. :'-(
43.75% this time, about 1 percent/year lol.
Oh it's my 3rd time taking it... this time 3% in less than a year! Mostly because I remembered what the last two questions were but also due to my improvement in the Romance languages.

I got 51.88% this time. I'm a Master Language Geek.

my score would be even higher if I was as interested in the phonetics of the languages I'm not learning as I am in their grammar. And I'd need maybe half an hour to brush up in order to speak on the linguistics topics mentioned.

Edited by Serpent on 16 November 2013 at 7:52pm

Zimena
Tetraglot
Groupie
Norway
Joined 4372 days ago

75 posts - 146 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, German, Spanish
Studies: Czech, Mandarin

Message 171 of 172
21 November 2013 at 6:20pm | IP Logged 
Results

You scored 36.88% on the Language Geek Test! You've earned the title of Senior Language Geek .

That's actually a higher score than I thought I would get. When I had completed about half of the test, I felt
like I had ticked quite few boxes... luckily I could tick a lot more when I got to the "I have" part.

Fun test, by the way.

Edited by Zimena on 21 November 2013 at 10:41pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6483 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 172 of 172
22 November 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged 
Iversen (2010) wrote:
I did it for the second time, but I really haven't made much progress since last time:

2008:
You scored 44.38% on the Language Geek Test! You've earned the title of Senior Language Geek

2010:
You scored 49.38% on the Language Geek Test! You've earned the title of Senior Language Geek

But I'm nerdy enough to wonder why the decimal hasn't changed when the integer has.

EDIT: now that I have been studying Bahasa Malasia/Indonesia for almost three weeks I have definitely passed the 50% benchmark

Iversen (june 2013) wrote:

The third time my score went down, which shouldn't technically be possible - so my memory must have deteriorated. At least the decimals were different this time: 46,25, but still a senior geek

Fourth time and back on track: "You scored 52.5% on the Language Geek Test! You've earned the title of Master Language Geek." I don't know what I forgot to tick last time, but I ticked one thing I didn't do last time: wanting to learn an African language.

Edited by Iversen on 22 November 2013 at 11:55am

This discussion contains 172 messages over 22 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version