150 posts - 237 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, French

Message 105 of 149
21 June 2010 at 5:58am | IP Logged 
Wise owl chick wrote:
JW wrote:
Wise owl chick wrote:
Ik heb tot nu toe geen goede online woordenboek Nederlands gevonden. Leo is voor Duist heel handig, dan heb je voor Spaans, Engels WordReference.com maar Nederlands is niet daarbij.

Ik gebruik dit online woordenboek en vind het heeel erg goed:

I use this on-line dictionary and it is very good:
http://mijnwoordenboek.nl/engels/

Dankejwel, maar ik dacht dat dit woordenboek niet zo goed was. maar ik zal het nog een keer uitproberen.
Thank you, but I thought that this dictionnary isn't so good but I shall try it again one time.

The best Dutch dictionary is uitmuntend: http://www.uitmuntend.de/

Unfortunately, it's German -> Dutch only.

But honestly, it's almost worth it to learn German just so you can use this dictionary. Nothing else comes close to it that I've found.
1 person has voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5640 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 106 of 149
28 June 2010 at 9:38pm | IP Logged 
IN THE PLANNING: TWO VIDEOS ABOUT POPULAR SCIENTIFIC MAGAZINES

I already have concrete plans for making two new videos, in both videos I want to present my foreign language scientific magazines. They will be spoken entirely in my foreign Romance languages (NOT in English!) and I will read out some interesting short articles about natural science. I need the help of my Dutch friend to produce videos in general, so it will depend on his availablity, when we can get started with the project.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 28 June 2010 at 9:48pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5888 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 107 of 149
28 June 2010 at 10:07pm | IP Logged 
I find it really interesting to hear about these types of topics in any language, so I look forward to seeing your new videos when you make them.

It's certainly fruitful to use languages to discuss other interests too. The experience of bringing in vocabulary that you don't get to use in normal conversation can be refreshing.

For me, learning about a subject in a language is a great thing to do. It gets a little surreal though sometimes when you can explain aspects of it better in a language other than your mother tongue. Though that does seem to be more common than one might expect.

I would be grateful to anyone who knows of any good science, history or nature channels on YouTube in different languages that they could share. :)

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5640 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 108 of 149
28 June 2010 at 10:30pm | IP Logged 
To get a good inspiration of watching my next two - so far only planned - You Tube videos I would like to recommend three language-related websites of astronomy:

1. Astronomie Videos auf Deutsch - Alpha-Centauri von Prof. Harald Lesch:
(Astronomy videos in German - Alpha-Centauri of Prof. Harald Lesch)

http://www.br-online.de/br-alpha/alpha-centauri/alpha-centau ri-harald-lesch-videothek-ID1207836664586.xml

2. Astronomy multilingual: The official website of the ESA (= European Space Agency)
(Just click on the flags to change languages)

http://www.esa.int/esaCP/index.html

3. Podcasts d'astronomie en français: Radio Ciel & Espace
(Astronomy podcasts in French: Radio Ciel & Espace)

http://www.cieletespaceradio.fr/index.php/2009/12/14/633-mar s-planete-bleue-1-3

All three links are very useful for foreign language learners with an interest in amateur astronomy who would like to expand their vocabulary on a specialized topic.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 29 June 2010 at 8:24am

4 persons have voted this message useful

ChristopherB
Triglot
New Zealand
Joined 6109 days ago

851 posts - 1074 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: English*, German, French

Message 109 of 149
02 July 2010 at 10:04am | IP Logged 
Torbyrne wrote:
I would be grateful to anyone who knows of any good science, history or nature channels on YouTube in different languages that they could share. :)

For German, there's a fascinating channel dealing with Germanic history:

http://www.youtube.com/user/germanicfolc

Some of the videos are in English, and a lot of them are in German. Some of the same are actually in both, so it could also be of use to those studying the language.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5640 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 110 of 149
02 July 2010 at 12:06pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
IN THE PLANNING: TWO VIDEOS ABOUT POPULAR SCIENTIFIC MAGAZINES

I already have concrete plans for making two new videos, in both videos I want to present my foreign language scientific magazines. They will be spoken entirely in my foreign Romance languages (NOT in English!) and I will read out some interesting short articles about natural science. I need the help of my Dutch friend to produce videos in general, so it will depend on his availablity, when we can get started with the project.

Fasulye

I have had all the video contents prepared (chosen the articles to read etc.) because we wanted to do the video recordings this weekend. But now there's something broken in my bathroom, so I can't invite a guest at present. This is a bit unfortunate because the next chance to record my videos will be - let me estimate - mid August.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 02 July 2010 at 12:10pm

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5640 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 111 of 149
19 July 2010 at 9:19am | IP Logged 
MY YOUTUBE VIDEO PROJECT

I have new videos in the planning for Saturday, 25 September 2010.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 18 September 2010 at 6:41pm

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5640 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 112 of 149
18 September 2010 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
I have had all the video contents prepared (chosen the articles to read etc.) because we wanted to do the video recordings this weekend. But now there's something broken in my bathroom, so I can't invite a guest at present. This is a bit unfortunate because the next chance to record my videos will be - let me estimate - mid August. Fasulye

We couldn't produce as planned, but the concrete planning for my next videos is now Saterday, 25 September 2010. For a video of #8 minutes I need 3 hours upload time, so we'll have to see how many I can get done on half a day.

TWO NEW YOU TUBE VIDEOS:

1. Video spoken in Esperanto with dialogs read in Danish:

Fasulye legas dialogojn en la dana lingvo

2. Video spoken in Italian with presentation of two popular scientific magazines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgi-bCTWCTI

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 22 March 2011 at 7:44pm

This discussion contains 149 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version