12 messages over 2 pages: 1
Al-Malik
Bilingual Heptaglot
United Kingdom
arabicgenie.com
Joined 6930 days ago

221 posts - 294 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German*, Spanish, Arabic (Written), Dutch, French, Arabic (classical)
Studies: Mandarin, Persian

Message 9 of 12
11 September 2009 at 9:55pm | IP Logged 
Excellent. I always advocate the use of mnemonics in language learning. I see that you also speak Arabic. What I would do is to find some more "advanced" texts to study and then to compare the use of Arabic words in the Persian language. You will find that the more "advanced" the topic of the text (e.g. politics, geography, culture etc.) the easier it is to understand it, since there are more Arabic words used. Also, you could try to rely more on words of Arabic origin instead of the Persian equivalent. Just make sure that you are aware of "false friends". While this strategy isn't really a mnemonic device, it makes learning Persian a lot easier.
1 person has voted this message useful

Emman
Bilingual Triglot
Saudi Arabia
Joined 5232 days ago

7 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Gulf)*, Arabic (classical)*
Studies: English, Persian, French

Message 10 of 12
19 March 2010 at 6:34am | IP Logged 
سلام شما چطور هستین؟
من فارسى خيلى خوب نيست
نام من ایمان, یدلایمخیرات/سپتامبر1986به آمدم. مادرم مي‌گفت ساعت نه صبح به بعد چشم را باز كردم, عشق من در فارس کشف شد. من ایران را خیلی دوست دارم, ایران با فرهنگ ، با آداب و رسوم خاص و با تمدن است هم آوازهاى ايرانى خيلى دلنشين است. من از عربستان سعودى هستم. من در شهر مدینه زندگی میکنم. او كشور جالبى است
من فارغ‌التحصيل از دانشگاه الطيبة هستم و ليسانس زیست شناسی گرفته‌ام، اما من کارمند بانک هستم. من دوست دارم که یک روز ایران رو ببینم بنابراین من خودم فارسی می خواندم.
من عاشق مطالعه روزانه هستم و به داستانهاى عاشقانه علاقه دارم
از ملاقات شما همه خوش وقتم

2 persons have voted this message useful

jjjan
IranRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5152 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Studies: English

Message 11 of 12
31 March 2010 at 1:21pm | IP Logged 
hey guys i am from usa and i love persian also it's nice language that i have ever seen
.try to make learning it's so nice and also people talk in Persian/farsi they are very
lovely i mean iranian ppl and also very nice and friendly .2 years a go i have trip to
iran it was one of my best trip
good luck

Darya7
Iran
Joined 4929 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 12 of 12
09 November 2010 at 5:38pm | IP Logged 
Hello everybody.
It's nice to see your interest in Farsi language and Iran.
I'm Iranian and I know Persian is really a different language from European languages and it takes hard work on it.
As I've noticed, in learning any language having an expert teacher is a key, then I admit mnemonic method helps at the begining and in advance it's repeatation and implanting the words and the way of speaking (Grammar) deep in mind which needs allocating more and more time until we can say we even live with it even in our sleep.
Substitute the words, dear, with your own mother language in your daily conversation to use them practically.
I wish you luck :)

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version