Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
164 messages over 21 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7 ... 20 21 Next >>
Quabazaa
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5420 days ago

414 posts - 543 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German, French
Studies: Japanese, Korean, Maori, Scottish Gaelic, Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Written)

Message 49 of 164
25 January 2010 at 8:04am | IP Logged 
Sprachjunge: Umm well let me say that Schlaflos in München bores me to tears XD So I guess something like dialogues or comedy or both togather? My favourite podcasts seem to consist of two people who are friends in real life! Eg Etcertera, which is an Argentine duo who I suppose are comedy, just talking about random crap which comes to their minds and ArabicPod.net, which while being a podcast to teach the language, is quite fun because the two guys are actually friends and quite often kidding around with each other!
Anyway hopefully that may give you some idea, otherwise you could list a few you like? :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Quabazaa
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5420 days ago

414 posts - 543 votes 
Studies: Japanese, Korean, Maori, Scottish Gaelic, Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Written)

Message 50 of 164
25 January 2010 at 10:41am | IP Logged 
x

Edited by Quabazaa on 10 May 2014 at 3:13pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Kinan
Diglot
Syrian Arab Republic
Joined 5377 days ago

234 posts - 279 votes 
Speaks: Arabic (Written)*, English
Studies: Russian, Spanish

Message 51 of 164
25 January 2010 at 11:31am | IP Logged 
Hi Jenny,how are you today?
It seems we should have a thread of our own converations, but i will keep posting here as it will popularize your log (yes i am so humble) ;)
but feel free to post in my log whenever you want.
I am very happy today cuz yesterday my favourit team in europe (inter milan) won the derby against milan, i was very nervous about that match but thank God they won, also and it concerns you ofcourse, Los millionaires won their second game against the poor juniors :P
hardluck.
It'simpressive how a girl can be so excited about football, it seems you love your husband so much to love argentinian football and know all their players, beside learning his language ofcourse.
i hope my girl do the same effort in learning arabic or russian to be able to communicate with my family but i guess i am asking too much cuz these are very hard languages for polyglots let alone for a girl not interested in languages..it should come naturally from her anyway, i won't force anything.
also, she asked me that day about the offside rule and i explained it to her, only to come next day and say: "so offside means that when you have only one opponent player in front of you,you should shoot?"
so football is hopeless too for her..but i guess love is more than small things like these, it's not about having the same hobbies and interests, but actually more about sharing the moments and supporting and feeling peace together.
oh, this is the language forum not love forum i realized.
i will give you the link of the article later..thanks for explaining it, i didn't consider her saying i will look it up "for you", i thought 'for you" is not necessary here so i didn't know se is refering to the client..as for lo, it confuses me too, i mean it's pantalones and not pantalon after all.
the song of autostrad you posted sucks big time..i can't believe you are listening to them, i am very disappointed with you :(
:P
it's like circus and i can'tbelieve you called it metal.
arabic language is mystic and magnetic language, when you hear arabic, you hear desert, tents, fire with people sitting around it talking about myths and metaphysics..it's about desert horsemen and "alf layla wa layla"..it's the language of literature and poetry, but certainly not language of music..when someone attempt to sing rap or metal in arabic, he looks very silly.
i recommend you watch modern life syrian serials, they talk about the present with all the issues and they speak the syrian dialect ofcourse..i will look later in mbc site to see what proper serials to watch.
before i go, i wonder about what you said in the end..you wished me to sleep well right? but why the que?
couldn't it be just duerme bien?
take care Jenny. :)

Kinan
Diglot
Syrian Arab Republic
Joined 5377 days ago

234 posts - 279 votes 
Speaks: Arabic (Written)*, English
Studies: Russian, Spanish

Message 52 of 164
25 January 2010 at 10:46pm | IP Logged 
Ok, i didn't find any syrian serials in mbc.net but i found a Turkish soap opera and the speech is syrian dialect.
here it is:
http://shahed.mbc.net/mediamanager/?ee_category=18712

Sprachjunge
Diglot
Germany
Joined 6976 days ago

368 posts - 548 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC2
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 53 of 164
26 January 2010 at 5:09am | IP Logged 
What a fantastic music post! Thanks! I think I'll have to try going through a section a day. :)

Podcasts: Haha yes I get what you mean, although I've never listened to ,,Schlaflos in München". Well, you know, they say German comedy is an acquired taste...it's true. One that I would recommend to start is ,,Wie war der Tag, Liebling?" It's not comedy, per se--it's more like banter that is occasionally quite funny, if that makes any sense. What I like about it is that the two speakers obviously are fond of each other (as evidenced by the title), and it makes their interactions fun to hear. Oh, and they occasionally lapse into Kölsch, which should be very understandable for you, living in Switzerland!

Quabazaa
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5420 days ago

414 posts - 543 votes 

Message 54 of 164
26 January 2010 at 11:10pm | IP Logged 
x

Edited by Quabazaa on 10 May 2014 at 3:14pm

Quabazaa
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5420 days ago

414 posts - 543 votes 

Message 55 of 164
28 January 2010 at 12:28pm | IP Logged 
x

Quabazaa
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5420 days ago

414 posts - 543 votes 

Message 56 of 164
29 January 2010 at 1:13am | IP Logged 
x

This discussion contains 164 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version