Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

What programs are good to learn grammar?

Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
12 messages over 2 pages: 1
Master Moron
United States
Joined 5380 days ago

19 posts - 20 votes

Message 9 of 12
03 April 2010 at 7:39am | IP Logged 
ruskivyetr wrote:
If you want to learn grammar to what suits you, why not write some grammar drills
yourself? Use the vocabulary that you know and if you must reference a dictionary. All it
takes is some paper, a pencil, and your grammar book for reference when you write down
the drills.

What exactly, is a grammar drill?
1 person has voted this message useful

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5277 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Polish, Modern Hebrew

Message 10 of 12
03 April 2010 at 7:54am | IP Logged 
I was actually just about to write some for Georgian for some practice, however I can make one in Spanish for a
quick example.

Take something with grammar you want to practice.
Write a bunch of sentences (or take examples from a grammar book, that's easier), and write them out. Translate
them into English, and then back into Spanish. There is no limit to the amount of sentences with which you can
practice, however I'd say a good ten to twenty to get the gist of something and how to actively use it.
So essentially: Make up or take ten to twenty sentences (complex or simple, doesn't matter).
Split them into groups of five.
Translate, group by group, into English and then immediately back into Spanish, then go onto the next set.
Good luck!

Edited by ruskivyetr on 03 April 2010 at 7:56am

TerryW
United States
Joined 6153 days ago

370 posts - 783 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 11 of 12
03 April 2010 at 12:42pm | IP Logged 
Master Moron wrote:
Right now I'm mainly using Byki to learn Spanish words. . . but I still need a lot of work on . . . Learning how to conjugate verbs correctly.

OK, time for me to plug...err, recommend a PC program that I inspired. See my video demonstration review on Amazon:

Verbarrator Amazon video review

chucknorrisman
Triglot
United States
Joined 5244 days ago

321 posts - 435 votes 
Speaks: Korean*, English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Mandarin, Lithuanian, French

Message 12 of 12
04 April 2010 at 4:49am | IP Logged 
For Russian, I've found that the New Penguin Russian Grammar is great. I don't know any book like it for Spanish, though.

Does anyone know other books that are structured in similar manners as the Russian Grammar book?

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version