alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7020 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 9 of 15
03 July 2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged 
Customer service has finally written me back. I am taking out the name of the operator from the message that was sent to me.

"Hello, thank you for your interest in Simon & Schuster's Pimsleur Language programs. In answer to your question about Spanish Plus and Spanish Comprehensive Level IV I have the following information.

Spanish Comprehensive Level IV is set to be released in November of this year. It will be a 16 disc set with 32 lessons just like Spanish I, II and III. There will be some overlap in the lessons on Spanish Plus program, but it wont make it so that you can go straight to lesson 11 of Spanish IV. It will be worthwhile for you to use Spanish Plus for three reasons; first there is a considerable amount of time before Spanish IV will be released and second the first 10 lessons of Spanish IV will not be the exact same lessons as in Spanish Plus. Last but not least, owners of Spanish Plus will be entitled to a rebate off Spanish IV to compensate for the duplicity that does occur. I am not positive of the amount that it will be at this time but it will be at least $50 towards the purchase of Spanish IV.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email me or call at 800-831-5497.

Yours truly,

Pimsleur Language Learning Center"

I was hoping there was no repeat of the Spanish plus lessons in the comprehensive four program, but alas there is and IMO Spanish plus was a let down. It would have made more sense if the plus was on its own, as a seperate program. It could be used anytime, instead of being part of a comprehensive program. Now customers are going to feel short changed.

One more thing French, German and Italian have a plus course also, so if there are any more comprehensive four courses that are released, then it would be likely the same thing would occur. The plus would be used in comprehensive four, and it would not have been worth buying the plus.

Edited by alang on 06 July 2010 at 6:55pm

1 person has voted this message useful

psy88
United States
Joined 5390 days ago

469 posts - 882 votes 
Studies: Spanish*, Japanese, Latin, French

Message 10 of 15
11 August 2010 at 5:32pm | IP Logged 
Lionel22 wrote:
I'd take that news with a grain of salt, this is just a reseller. There is no news about this on the actual publisher's website.

Has anyone used this dealer/reseller? Their prices are a lot less than anywhere else. As they say "if it's too good to be true..." Any experience with them? Are they legit? Reputable?

Lionel22
United States
Joined 5065 days ago

9 posts - 12 votes

Message 11 of 15
11 August 2010 at 5:57pm | IP Logged 
I haven't but Pimsleur prices are hugely discounted through many of their resellers and their digital MP3 prices are even lower. I don't think this reseller is any cheaper than other resellers. Did you check the BBB?

alang
Diglot
Canada
Joined 7020 days ago

563 posts - 757 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 12 of 15
11 August 2010 at 7:06pm | IP Logged 
psy88 wrote:
Lionel22 wrote:
I'd take that news with a grain of salt, this is just a reseller. There is no news about this on the actual publisher's website.

Has anyone used this dealer/reseller? Their prices are a lot less than anywhere else. As they say "if it's too good to be true..." Any experience with them? Are they legit? Reputable?

Well the site was legitimate about the Spanish IV being released. Customer service from the actual publisher was saying there is no Spanish IV. Then of course a little while afterward, customer service sent me the information that Spanish IV is indeed being released. See post top of page.

I agree with Lionel22 this reseller is like the other resellers, that are selling around the same price.

@psy88, Do you actually intend on buying Pimsleur products?

If you think the price is too good to be true, when you still have to pay IMO a lot of money for the course, then borrowing from the public library is like a dream. (It is free.)

2 persons have voted this message useful

psy88
United States
Joined 5390 days ago

469 posts - 882 votes 

Message 13 of 15
11 August 2010 at 9:45pm | IP Logged 
alang wrote:
psy88 wrote:
Lionel22 wrote:

Well the site was legitimate about the Spanish IV being released. Customer service from the actual publisher was saying there is no Spanish IV. Then of course a little while afterward, customer service sent me the information that Spanish IV is indeed being released. See post top of page.

I agree with Lionel22 this reseller is like the other resellers, that are selling around the same price.

@psy88, Do you actually intend on buying Pimsleur products?

If you think the price is too good to be true, when you still have to pay IMO a lot of money for the course, then borrowing from the public library is like a dream. (It is free.)

Thanks for the helpful replies.I truly appreciate the help.
   I did borrow the Pimsleur Spanish courses from the library, and you are right it is a great resource and definitely "vale la pena" (worth the trouble, worth it). However, I was considering a purchase as a gift.

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5334 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 14 of 15
11 August 2010 at 9:56pm | IP Logged 
psy88 wrote:

I haven't used them, but their prices aren't abnormally low compared to other vendors I've seen. The vendor I used was http://cateeslanguageworld.com/ which actually sells them for slightly less than that ($167.95/ea).

psy88
United States
Joined 5390 days ago

469 posts - 882 votes 

Message 15 of 15
12 August 2010 at 3:15am | IP Logged 
Thanks again to all of you. I knew I could count on your help. This forum is fantastic for all the sharing that goes on here.

This discussion contains 15 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version