Bilingual Diglot
Canada
Joined 4931 days ago

193 posts - 238 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*
Studies: French, German

Message 25 of 26
20 November 2010 at 10:53am | IP Logged 
I don't know about China, but if you ever visit Taiwan. You will never get weird looks :P Just curious ones. And they will be more than impressed if you can speak Mandarin, many people there are really nice. But answering your question, I think all the above answers are great. Mine are basically the same, except I'd like to add on that if you have the time... Go to interviews! You don't even have to be serious about getting the job. Just send in your application (Preferably to a company you never intend on working for in the future) and use the interview as practice... And make sure you end the interview on a really bad note, then you won't get hired. I know this is really evil but, you will get so much practice in a short amount of time.

Edited by CheeseInsider on 20 November 2010 at 10:54am

1 person has voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5190 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 26 of 26
22 November 2010 at 10:09pm | IP Logged 
If you visit a country, and you happen to meet people, ask them what their favourite place or places in the city are. If the reception is good, ask if they -- and some friends -- would be available to show it to you!
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version