Joined 6486 days ago

1296 posts - 1781 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Spanish*, Catalan*
Studies: English

Message 17 of 18
30 October 2010 at 11:03am | IP Logged 
AnthonyC wrote:
I see. Thanks for the quick response. What is so great about FIA? Is it a certain method they use or does it depend
on the person? I know I could probably go on their site and just read, but I prefer hearing if from someone else's
perspective with out all the "marketing techniques"

I think the best method would be Assimil plus videos with its dialogs. FIA, Fokus deutch, Destinos, Connect with English are something similar. If you can see, hear and read, your brain receive more stimulation and learn faster.

2 persons have voted this message useful

solitude
Diglot
Iran
Joined 5021 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: Persian*, English
Studies: French

Message 18 of 18
30 October 2010 at 11:04am | IP Logged 
fanatic wrote:
There was a Russian television series that I watched around thirty years ago. Does anyone know anything about it?

I am very glad to see your response here, do you recommend using ASSMIL intensively for someone in my position? By that, I mean study all day long(10 hours at least) and doing 3 or 4 lesson per day and reviewing all the previous lessons.
I want to reduce the time needed for completing the course(reducing 5-6 months to 1-2 months).
I am using New French With Ease. Do you think it is even possible?(To do the whole active phase in just 30 days?)
My new plan is completing New French With Ease and then watching French In Action many times. And after mastering these 2 resources, using news and movies.
What do you think about this approach? I am preparing myself for TCFQ exam.(this exam only measure listening and speaking skills).

Edited by solitude on 30 October 2010 at 12:50pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version