Australia
Joined 4933 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Korean

Message 10 of 29
26 November 2010 at 3:42am | IP Logged 
Thursday 25th November
Basic Grammar unit 5 on the way home tonight. This chapter covers the deferential and polite speech levels. By far the longest unit so far. So much so that I failed to complete it during the hour long train ride on the way home. I read through the information presented and then completed the first two exercises listed. I do feel that I am starting to get a basic grasp of Korean grammar. Particularly how to construct a sentence, what to leave out and what to add in. There is plenty I’m getting wrong but so far that has served me well as it only reminds me better for the next time.

Friday 26th November
I revised the 2nd half of Pimsleur lesson 3 whilst walking to the train the morning. Recalled almost 100% of the content in the lesson which was great. Still yet to transcribe this one. Might have to use up some time on the weekend.

Continued the exercises in unit 5 of the basic grammar book. The exercises involved conjugating verbs and adjectives with different deferential speech level endings and then translating them. Time consuming but also great for my vocabulary as I started to recognize more and more words. This took the whole train trip (1hr) and I am still not finished. Only 2 exercises to go which should take me roughly 20 minutes on the train tonight. Then I will check the answers.      

1 person has voted this message useful

Coges
Australia
Joined 4933 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 11 of 29
29 November 2010 at 1:24am | IP Logged 
Friday 26th November
Finished all the exercises for Unit 5 of the grammar book on the way home. Only got through checking the answers for half of them though. Got a bit wrong and I’ll have to go back and try to figure out exactly where I went wrong.

No Korean on the weekend. Had a little too much on unfortunately.

Monday 29th November
Finally finished checking my answers for unit 5 of the basic grammar book. I got a few wrong but am at about a 75% correct status. Not too bad. I also went back and reviewed and transcribed all the new phrases from Pimsleur Korean lesson 3 this morning. Glad to get that done but given there were only about 6 new words and phrases it wasn’t much hard work.

I’m going to go back and review the first 5 units of the basic grammar book tonight and tomorrow and then start on unit 6 on Wednesday. I’ll do lesson 4 of Pimsleur tomorrow though.

Coges
Australia
Joined 4933 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 12 of 29
30 November 2010 at 11:58pm | IP Logged 
Monday 29th November
Didn't get to review as much grammar as I'd liked. Still need to review the full 5 lessons before moving on.

Tuesday 30th November
Had today off work and spent the time with my son so didn't get any Korean study in.

Wednesday 1st December
Slept pretty much all the way to work on the train this morning. In the 10 or so minutes I was awake I thought I'd catch a bit of a Korean movie on my iPhone only to find out the sound didn't work. Oh well. Will continue reviewing the first 5 units on the way home tonight.

Coges
Australia
Joined 4933 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 13 of 29
01 December 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged 
Btw, Leurre, I managed to have a listen to Rollercoaster, Epik High and Clazziquai via youtube yesterday and will have to look into buying a cd or two. Not bad at all. Thanks again for the recommendations.

Coges
Australia
Joined 4933 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 14 of 29
01 December 2010 at 11:28pm | IP Logged 
Wednesday 1st December
I continued reviewing the first 5 units of the Basic Grammar book. I got through 2 units on the train ride home. It's starting to sink in but I can tell it's going to be hard work to get my head around fully.

I covered off Pimsleur lesson 4 in the car last night as well. A rehash of lessons 2 and 3 plus how to ask for directions. All in all I got about 95% of that one. I will transcribe the phrases tomorrow.

Thursday 2nd December
Reviewed units 3,4 and 5 on the train this morning. I can tell that I will need to keep coming back to them but for now I will move onto 6 and see how I go.

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6247 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2, Korean*, GermanC1
Studies: Hindi, Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 15 of 29
02 December 2010 at 7:08pm | IP Logged 
Good luck, Coges.. Call out for help if you need any. :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Coges
Australia
Joined 4933 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 16 of 29
03 December 2010 at 4:36am | IP Logged 
Cheers. Thanks for that Jiwon. Give me a couple more weeks and I'm sure I'll have a truck load of questions.

This discussion contains 29 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 13 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version