lang-8.com/member/49
Joined 6037 days ago

86 posts - 135 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, NorwegianC1, Mandarin
Studies: Spanish, Sign Language
Studies: Burmese, Toki Pona, Greenlandic

Message 17 of 19
13 January 2011 at 2:33pm | IP Logged 
I think the lesson here is that we should always check reviews of a particular course in a particular language before buying. The fact that given company's Tagalog course is excellent doesn't imply that that its Swahili course isn't crap (I'm not talking about any concrete courses here).
1 person has voted this message useful

WentworthsGal
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4699 days ago

191 posts - 246 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Swedish, Spanish

Message 18 of 19
08 July 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged 
I agree about contacting them, even if just to let them know about the product so they can avoid future problems arising with disgruntled customers expecting something different. They may even suggest that you send it back to them as a thank you for informing them and allowing them to clarify this on thei site. If they don't then you're in no different a situation than you would be for not telling them. If they do suggest you return it, you'd be better off... :o) Let us now how it goes :o)

Hugs x

buchstabe
Tetraglot
Germany
Joined 4513 days ago

52 posts - 108 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, French, Spanish
Studies: Czech, Swedish, Japanese

Message 19 of 19
01 April 2012 at 12:18am | IP Logged 
I recommend to let the customer service know. Amazon can for example edit the catalog page, which is currently pretty empty and doesn't even have a picture. Maybe it could be added that this is a TYS book with linguapone cassettes.
And as others said above, if you are lucky, the customer service might offer you รก refund without you asking for it, so there is no risk.

Edited by buchstabe on 01 April 2012 at 12:24am

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version