10 messages over 2 pages: 1 2  Next >>
mandarin
China
Joined 4800 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English

Message 1 of 10
11 March 2011 at 7:41pm | IP Logged 
Mandarin-study is really difficult and boring?No!!Actually it's very interesting...

Some of the students ever have the same feeling about Mandarin-study,it's very difficult and boring to study Chinese language especially Mandarin!
I always feel strange about this emotion,and many of them also feel strange after I told them it's not difficult but very interesting.
I know some old teaching-methods have given learners the 'difficult and boring feeling' so much.And just this makes people no encouragement to study more and can't study more.And when I told them one kid mastered more than 30 difficult Chinese characters within 2 hour,some of them can't believe even mock at me...but I have to tell these friends it's true,and another learner of 29 years old caught it again and mastered a rather difficult character within 23 seconds!Just when the boy burst into his mother's room with screaming,I felt there is some Mandarin-work we can do!The aim for studying is same,but the way is very different...some knows this,some not yet.Maybe everyone can do more,just with your brain and heart.And just because of this,the world will change.I mean you will find a new world covered with Chinese language.
So Chinese language is very interesting and easy...
2 persons have voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5173 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 2 of 10
11 March 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
Perhaps Chinese is "very interesting and easy" to you because you are a native speaker and you hope to "find a new world covered with Chinese language". I happen to find French very interesting and easy, and if everyone studies it, we will have a new world covered with French language! Does this display of enthusiasm encourage you to learn Mandarin?

The reality is that while it can be interesting, Mandarin is most definitely not easy, at least not to people who don't speak another Chinese language. People who study it and never reach fluency outnumber those who do manyfold and this is not because the language is easy.
4 persons have voted this message useful

mandarin
China
Joined 4800 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes

Message 3 of 10
11 March 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged 
I agree with you a little.I mean some in your comments reasonable.
Just here I want to show,if you want to get the same level for the same language there is always a new way,the way is easier.
You can speak Janpanese,and you will know some characters of Japanese is just from Chinese,so you will find there is some special properties diffirent from other "alphabet language".Just these special properties make the "Mandarin-learning" very interesting.
And in the world,there are so many "language worlds",just such as "French world","English world","Japanese world","Spanish world",and so on.For the learners Mandarin is non-native-language,"mandarin world" is a new world.

If there is chance for us,we can learn some very interesting Chinese characters for the test.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by mandarin on 11 March 2011 at 9:36pm

1 person has voted this message useful

ilcommunication
Diglot
United States
Joined 6484 days ago

115 posts - 162 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 5 of 10
17 March 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged 
Mandarin, at least for me, would be a breeze if it wasn't for characters. Speaking and listening is uncomplicated and very fun in my opinion. If I get back into Mandarin I'm thinking of ignoring reading/writing and just learning the spoken language.
3 persons have voted this message useful

mandarin
China
Joined 4800 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes

Message 6 of 10
17 March 2011 at 7:34pm | IP Logged 
Just for the shape,the Chinese numbers is easy to remember.But they're very special for Chinese,and just for the reason it's easy,so you can find or catch the difficult meaning from the simple strokes and structure.Remember,just follow the simple rules.And if someone tell you it's very difficult to catch,don't think it inevitable...I believe everyone in the world can create his own "Chinese Characters".
lingvo wrote:
I found Mandarin to be very easy indeed. A few days ago I was studying some numbers in various languages. I still remember four of them in Chinese: 一, 二, 三, 十. They look very interesting too.

Edited by mandarin on 18 March 2011 at 7:57pm

mandarin
China
Joined 4800 days ago

6 posts - 8 votes

Message 7 of 10
17 March 2011 at 7:48pm | IP Logged 
In my mind,speaking of Mandarin is not "speaking",actually it's singing.And it's not pronunciation and tones,actually it's songs...
As to Chinese characters,it's not boring or difficult,it's so interesting or amazing...For instance,what's the meaning for "在".It's very interesting and meaningful.So many people use it every day,but seldom think about the basic meaning,seldom relevant with "person","land","tranditional ideas","basical or first demand",and "philosophy of life".But if person think about those above,maybe they will think about the situation around him just from the new "Chinese opinion".Here "Chinese Opinion" is not only the opinion of people in China or who can speak Chinese fluently,but some "Culture Opinion".
Congratulations!it's not very easy for "foreigners" to listen or speak Mandarin fluently.
ilcommunication wrote:
Mandarin, at least for me, would be a breeze if it wasn't for characters. Speaking and listening is uncomplicated and very fun in my opinion. If I get back into Mandarin I'm thinking of ignoring reading/writing and just learning the spoken language.

Edited by mandarin on 17 March 2011 at 7:59pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

meram
United States
ultimatejourney.netRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6115 days ago

10 posts - 10 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Esperanto, Mandarin

Message 8 of 10
08 April 2011 at 2:02am | IP Logged 
mandarin wrote:
In my mind,speaking of Mandarin is not "speaking",actually it's singing.And it's not pronunciation and tones,actually it's songs...
As to Chinese characters,it's not boring or difficult,it's so interesting or amazing...For instance,what's the meaning for "在".It's very interesting and meaningful.So many people use it every day,but seldom think about the basic meaning,seldom relevant with "person","land","tranditional ideas","basical or first demand",and "philosophy of life".But if person think about those above,maybe they will think about the situation around him just from the new "Chinese opinion".Here "Chinese Opinion" is not only the opinion of people in China or who can speak Chinese fluently,but some "Culture Opinion".
Congratulations!it's not very easy for "foreigners" to listen or speak Mandarin fluently.
ilcommunication wrote:

Sorry man, if you're "singing" chinese then you're doing it wrong. Not to put you down or anything, I went through the same phase when I was first getting a hang of the tones. The tones don't really make it musical, though...

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version