Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

What is your MBTI Personality Type?

Tags: Personality | Poll
 Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
Poll Question: What is your MBTI Personality Type?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
55 [25.35%]
51 [23.50%]
12 [5.53%]
13 [5.99%]
86 [39.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

139 messages over 18 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 ... 17 18 Next >>
garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 121 of 139
12 May 2015 at 1:50pm | IP Logged 
I've done these tests at various points and I always get ENFP or ENTP. ENFP on this occasion. I think I go back and forth on whether to value my thoughts or my feelings more. The E/I is always extremely close but a couple of percent towards E.
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6410 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 122 of 139
12 May 2015 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
It's not only about valuing your own thoughts and feelings but other people's too :) TBH I would actually think you have a strong Fe, which would make you an ENFJ. The types you mentioned have Fi and Ti respectively.

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4396 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Esperanto
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian

Message 123 of 139
12 May 2015 at 11:18pm | IP Logged 
I did the test and got INFJ, which may or may not be what I got last time I tried one of
these quizzes (I can't remember what I got last time, I just remember it told me I was
incompatible with my job!). I find all these letters a bit confusing really!

kensor
United States
Joined 4704 days ago

5 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 124 of 139
13 May 2015 at 9:28am | IP Logged 
This is the first time I have read this thread, and it's nice to see the IN-quadrant people here. I am INTP.

kensor
United States
Joined 4704 days ago

5 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 125 of 139
13 May 2015 at 9:48am | IP Logged 
Radioclare wrote:
I did the test and got INFJ, which may or may not be what I got last time I tried one of these quizzes (I can't remember what I got last time, I just remember it told me I was incompatible with my job!). I find all these letters a bit confusing really!

In a nutshell, the first letter is your overall dominant preference, pointing inward, Introversion. The fourth letter indicates the type of function that is extraverted; yours is J, so that indicates your Feeling preference is extraverted. That suggests your other function, iNtuition, is introverted.

The two central letters refer to your perceptive, N, and your judging, F, preferences.

So, your strongest function is Ni, introverted iNtuition, followed by Fe, extraverted Feeling, followed by Ti, introverted Thinking, and then Se, extraverted Sensing.

The comment about job incompatibility might have referred to the prototypical accountant Type being ISTJ, though MBTI pros and the "politically correct" tend to avoid such comments, regardless how true, or how fun, or how hurtful, they might be.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6410 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 126 of 139
13 May 2015 at 11:13am | IP Logged 
Haha, my aunt is ISTJ and an accountant. I don't think it's so much about compatibility as about one's natural tendencies. An INFJ would likely avoid accounting like plague.

@Clare, I would actually think you're INTJ. This would make extraverted thinking (Te) one of your main functions, and the most easily observed one (Ni is very hard to understand because it's not under conscious control). I'm not saying you're cold or don't have feelings, but you seem to be pretty good at keeping the objective and subjective separate (and that's something I admire). I rambled a bit about the S/N preference a couple of pages ago too. (I have some Te myself, but it's the weakest of my main functions. I like to think I recognize it in others though)

Also, my comment is not *based* on your job, although obviously I have... taken it into account ;D

Edited by Serpent on 13 May 2015 at 11:20am

2 persons have voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4520 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 127 of 139
13 May 2015 at 11:48am | IP Logged 
It does explain why people see me as extraverted...

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French

Message 128 of 139
13 May 2015 at 12:13pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
It's not only about valuing your own thoughts and feelings but other people's too :) TBH I would actually think you have a strong Fe, which would make you an ENFJ. The types you mentioned have Fi and Ti respectively.

Maybe. I read these three descriptions and I'd say Ti describes me best, as I'm quite a logical thinker, although I can certainly also relate to the others to an extent. I seem to value thoughts more when it's about myself but feelings enter more when others are involved.

tarvos wrote:
It does explain why people see me as extraverted...

Interesting that you consider yourself I but people see you as E, as I find the opposite. I'm (very slightly) more extrovert than introvert and I love being around people, but most people see me as very introverted because I'm fairly quiet, reserved, and introspective. Maybe that's from the Ti function?

This discussion contains 139 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version