Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
18 messages over 3 pages: 1 2

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6515 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 17 of 18
17 November 2011 at 12:50pm | IP Logged 
A comment to the discussion about comics: my best inspiration for very informal Latin is Asterix, just as my preferred discussion themes are better covered by Ephemeris than by classical Latin poetry. On the other hand I'm not very impressed with my Asterix in Low German. I have thought about getting Asterix in languages that corresponded to the places visited in each book, i.e. Greek for the Olympics, Spanish for Hispania, Old Norse for the one about the discovery of America etc. But I never followed up on that project when I had the chance.
1 person has voted this message useful

On_the_road
Diglot
Sweden
Joined 4568 days ago

23 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 18 of 18
19 November 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged 
My level of satisfaction changes from time to time, but most often I tend to feel that there are so many things I need to improve. This is especially the case when it comes to my speaking abilities, which I definitely need to practise alot more on. Perhaps this is both the beautiful as well as the frustrating thing about learning a language - perhaps you can never reach the absolute level of perfection that you dream about, but on the other hand you can also see it as challenging that there always are things to work on and ways in which you can develop your skills! In a way, I think it would be a bit boring if you just knew everything perfect.

Edited by On_the_road on 19 November 2011 at 6:47pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version