Joined 5647 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 17 of 19
14 December 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged 
In 2011 I spent one week in Copenhagen, Denmark, at the Universala Esperanto Kongreso.
There I had almost full Esperanto immersion and I could try out my first Danish sentences in the city at public locations. This bit of Danish was an important psychological factor!

Besides this I visited - as ususally - the Netherlands from time to time - which doesn't feel like a foreign country or a foreign language to me. It's part of my life and it's my privilege that I am in the Netherlands so often.

I don't know what the next year 2012 will bring me. I have the choice between unemployment or very, very low payed jobs, so I can't plan holidays/vacation in like normally working people.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 15 December 2011 at 6:01am

1 person has voted this message useful

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5007 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 18 of 19
14 December 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged 
I work full time and am saving money, but my time and budget should be able to stretch as far as a few trips to nearby Europe.

Definite: going to a music festival in France and spending a few days in Paris before or afterwards.

Possible: Another music festival in Slovenia (I don't know or plan to learn any Slovene, but a lot of Italians go there); snowboarding in the French Alps if I can find a cheap deal.

None of these are truly immersion as I'll be with English-speaking friends or in areas where English is widely spoken (particularly the ski resorts), apart from the few days in Paris where I'll probably be alone and making an effort to meet French people.

If any other opportunities for low budget travel come up then I'll take them, particularly if it's to Italy. I'd love to see more of it and use the language.

Edited by garyb on 14 December 2011 at 11:29am

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5149 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 19 of 19
14 December 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN
Two short visits, one for a few days and the other for about 5, probably about 8 days spent in Hungary overall. It was great for giving me an even bigger drive to learn the language.

CZECH
I live here!

Next year I'm hoping to learn some Polish and Croatian, so will try to plan a holiday to use them in Poland and Croatia/Montenegro/Bosnia/Serbia.    

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version