United Kingdom
alanguagediary.blogs
Joined 4786 days ago

224 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German, Catalan
Studies: Swedish

Message 17 of 24
02 February 2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged 
Sempre és així, hi ha moments quan la llengua va sense problemes i llavors altres moments quan no pots dir ni
una cosa! Però almenys saps que no és una cuestió de habilitat sinó de seguretat en si mateix. Poc parlar amb la
meva dona però no tinc paraules quan parlo amb les seves amigues, però aprenc cada dia més i no puc fer altra
cosa que tornar a intentar una i una altra vegada.

Tens les paraules
Tens les coneixements
Ja tindràs tot =)
2 persons have voted this message useful

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 6008 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Written), French

Message 18 of 24
05 February 2012 at 3:26pm | IP Logged 
I just finished writing my first short story in Catalan!

I don't really like writing at all, in any language, but here in Andorra, the government puts on a lot of Catalan-language short story contests. I decided it would be a good way to practice my Catalan to start participating in these contests, and so I just finished writing a story for one. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with myself :) -- even though it's not a good story and it's probably not all grammatically correct, I wrote 900 words in a language that's not even close to my strongest!
4 persons have voted this message useful

Alexander86
Tetraglot
United Kingdom
alanguagediary.blogs
Joined 4786 days ago

224 posts - 323 votes 

Message 19 of 24
05 February 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged 
Molt bé!
No crec que pugui dir altra cosa que molt bé! Hi ha moltes d'aquests concursos en Catalunya, no sabia que els hi
havia en Andorra també. Bona sort, ja ens diràs com va la cosa!
1 person has voted this message useful

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 6008 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 

Message 20 of 24
06 February 2012 at 9:41pm | IP Logged 
Sí, ja t'ho comptaré (encara que dubto molt que passi res...)

Això és lo bo de viure en un país ric on volen molt fomentar l'ús de la seva llengua. Sempre hi ha concursos així, i també cursos gratuïts, programes d'intercanvi, etc. It's a language-learner's dream!

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 6008 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 

Message 21 of 24
06 February 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged 
Okay, Catalan plan time!!

Current Level: B2?? (Estimated)
Catalan is a language I use in my daily life. I speak to many / most of my friends, coworkers, etc. in the language, and most things I see and hear around me are in Catalan. I don't have any problem understanding it most of the time, although sometimes I disappoint myself when I speak (by making mistakes that I shouldn't make, etc.) I just need more production practice I think. Also, my vocabulary is quite limited.

Goals
I would like to pass the B exam this June. I should mention that the B exam here is not really like the B1 or B2 exams for other languages. Many native Catalan speakers take the exam (in fact, in the prep class I am taking, 2/3 of the students are Andorran or Catalonian). It mostly tests that you can speak and write the language without making errors, I think.

I also want to be able to speak it well enough in a professional setting that it won't impede me from getting a job here in Andorra in my chosen field. This means being able to write professional resumes and cover letters, undergo interviews, work with clients, communicate with coworkers, etc. and sound intelligent while doing so.

Plan
  • Level B Catalan class, as mentioned above. This includes studying outside of class. I also want to work through one chapter of the book per week (doing all the exercises) until May, when I will start exam review.
  • Also to practice my grammar, I want to work through the full conjugations of at least five verbs per week on verbscatalans.com/
  • I am going to take a UOC course soon. The course is in Spanish, but I have ordered the materials in Catalan.
  • I will continue my job search, which includes researching companies (most websites are in Catalan), writing resumes and cover letters, and writing out answers to common interview questions. I do want to find some related blog or news site, if possible.
  • I am reading the book Parlem-ne, and I will continue to read the news on a daily basis.
  • I will add any new vocabulary I encounter in my life, classes, reading, etc. to Anki.
  • I will continue entering short story contests. :)
  • I will also continue with two Catalan exchanges I have.
  • Finally, I will continue incorporating Catalan in my daily life and paying attention to how the language is used, noting any unfamiliar structures and words, or any place where I would have said it differently.

Alexander86
Tetraglot
United Kingdom
alanguagediary.blogs
Joined 4786 days ago

224 posts - 323 votes 

Message 22 of 24
06 February 2012 at 10:11pm | IP Logged 
The plans sounds good, you're right in that many Catalans take those exams, so it'd would be really good to pass it
(it seems as if those exams are a must in some companies). I'm doing the A2 Catalan exam in June as part of the
Ramon Llull foundation - I'm looking forward to it, both as a spur to my learning and of having another language
certificate. I should also do another DELE, but I may leave that..

Si treballes en català no crec que surti cap problema amb els exàmens!

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 6008 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 

Message 23 of 24
09 March 2012 at 6:50pm | IP Logged 
Alexander86 wrote:
The plans sounds good, you're right in that many Catalans take those exams, so it'd would be really good to pass it
(it seems as if those exams are a must in some companies). I'm doing the A2 Catalan exam in June as part of the
Ramon Llull foundation - I'm looking forward to it, both as a spur to my learning and of having another language
certificate. I should also do another DELE, but I may leave that..

Si treballes en català no crec que surti cap problema amb els exàmens!

Bona sort amb el teu examen de nivell A2! I'm sure you'll pass :) What DELE test have you done?

The Catalan level 2 exam is, as far as I'm told, the exam that everyone asks you to have taken here in Andorra for most jobs. It's kind of hard, though, since they focus in on all the common interferences from Spanish and things like that!

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 6008 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 

Message 24 of 24
09 March 2012 at 6:55pm | IP Logged 
Bueno, pues no he sido muy consistente con este log, pero eso no quiere decir que no haya estudiado! Pero solo vengo para contaros dos novedades lingüísticas de mi vida:
     -Mi compañera de piso es una hablante nativa del bable (el idioma que se habla en Asturias, España). Qué interesante, no?
     -Ahora tengo una tele, así que voy a poder ver programas en francés, catalán, español, etc. cuando quiera!

Edited by anamsc on 10 March 2012 at 7:50pm

This discussion contains 24 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version