Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 9 of 292
26 December 2011 at 5:17pm | IP Logged 
I'm taking a break from the holiday cheer to log in what I did this past week which was (ahem) not much. It was a regular roller coaster with all the year-end stuff I've had to do. I'm doing Krankengymnastik over the break for my was-broken collar bone and --what can I say-- it's been a rather unproductive week in terms of studying..

listen and/or repeat Japanese "Let's Speak Japanese..." - 2,20
copy/write from Unit 1 ユニット「-」セクッション「-~ 十」 - 1,40

copy/write "Aujourd'hui en France" - 1,30
outdoor walking, shadowing "Aujourd'hui en France" - 1,10

ANKI, adding new entries, French, Japanese, Turkish sentences - 1,00

I haven't used "Using French" and I really need to do that. I've been shadowing from a French newspaper article about Taizé and it's left me out-of-breath on my short walks. Using real articles will make USing French seem like Pimsleur as soon as I can get my audio working again.

I've been reading the first chapter of Bilbo le hobbit which I got from my husband yesterday. I'm really enjoying it! I've been keeping up with Anki and slowly adding on, so that I now have 735 entries of gloooorious French, Turkish and Japanese sentences. I've taken to highlighting the kanji/French/Turkish words in red so I remember why I added the sentence to the deck in the first place..

Okay that's enough rambling. Until next Monday. I'm still trying to make my weekly goal of 14 hours -- let's see if I can do it this time!

Edited by Sunja on 26 December 2011 at 8:28pm

1 person has voted this message useful

ErwinHiggs
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4506 days ago

12 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 10 of 292
01 January 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged 
Your log is quite interesting so far! I've also read about your endeavour with the three
versions of Harry Potter. German seems like an awesome language to learn in the future,
no matter how distant it may be. But anyhow, je te souhaite une bonne année et du succès
dans tous tes projets!

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 11 of 292
01 January 2012 at 8:30pm | IP Logged 
Hi ErwinHiggs and thank you!

Mon blog n'avoir pas intérêt pour tous le monde, parce que j'ai pris si longtemps pour apprendre le japonais, à cause de mon travail j'ai moins du temps. Si j'en ai 常用漢字 à réviser, j'aurai les mains pleines!

I don't know if that made any sense -- I'm assuming there's a similar French expression for "having one's hands full"?^^

okay, let's break down what I did this week:

FRENCH:
listen and/or repeat "Using French" - 4,00
outdoor walking, shadowing "Using French" - 0,35
copying French, "Aujourd'hui...." - 0,10

JAPANESE:
listen and/or repeat Japanese "Let's Speak Japanese..." - 0,0
kanji work, Unit 1 ユニット「-」セクッション「-~ 十」 - 3,00

TURKISH:
ANKI, adding new entries, French, Japanese, Turkish sentences - 0,26

GERMAN:
"Heuber", Übgungsgrammatik, Vorgangspassiv/Zustandspassiv - 3,55

So if I've copied everything correctly that's about 2 hours shy of my goal but I should be able to do something about that tonight!

I think this first week of January is going to be a good one! For my weekly goal: I'd like to do 14 hours again and this time I'd like to shift a bit more emphasis to French. I want to spend 7 hours going over the dialogues in Using French. I'm still stuck between lessons 27 and 36 and I want to move forward.

A secondary goal is to go over a few more grammar topics with "Tae Kim'ji Japonca Grameri Sitesi" and input some Turkish/Japanese example sentences into ANKI. This is an idea I have to "kill L2 and L3 birds with one stone" -- or something like that. I review basic Japanese grammar and learn Turkish words at the same time. It's a lot of fun but I don't expect it's very efficient (?) If not, I also have a German book for Turkish grammar, but I don't think I'll get to it this week. I work Monday, Thursday and Friday, and my kids need help with their German and English vocabularies before school starts again on the 9th. busy busy busy!

So we'll see if I can make my goal! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5775 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 12 of 292
01 January 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged 
明けましておめでとうございます!

Sounds like you're getting off to a good start already this year.

I couldn't even imagine trying to learn one language through another like that, I think it might possibly make my head explode! I'm hoping this doesn't happen in your case and it just makes you very clever instead ^^

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4590 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 13 of 292
02 January 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged 
Just popping in to wish you a great new year, languages and all. Thanks for the resources you posted,
especially the Japanese listening. I'm always trying to get more sources for Japanese. :)   I love cooking, and
I'm currently looking for cooking tutorials in Japanese. Care to share?

Good luck!

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 14 of 292
02 January 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
明けましておめでとうございます!

Sounds like you're getting off to a good start already this year.

I couldn't even imagine trying to learn one language through another like that, I think it might possibly make my head explode! I'm hoping this doesn't happen in your case and it just makes you very clever instead ^^

Well, I don't know how clever it is, trying to learn Turkish through Japanese, but it's pretty interesting! Whether the information sticks in my brain -- that's another question!

Woodsei wrote:
Just popping in to wish you a great new year, languages and all. Thanks for the resources you posted, especially the Japanese listening. I'm always trying to get more sources for Japanese. :)   I love cooking, and
I'm currently looking for cooking tutorials in Japanese. Care to share?

Good luck!

Thank you Woodsei! And as a matter of fact, I do have a couple cooking sites;
Hiroyuki's Blog on Japanese Cooking. This is a bilingual blog with a lot of good information about culture and ingredients/cookwares found in Japanese cooking. I like it for the language.

There's also Cooking with Dog, and Bento.com.

Speaking of "bento", I sometimes make bento boxes for my kids. They're picky eaters and won't eat half the stuff I give them, but I've gotten at least one of them to eat California rolls! bento is so fun and creative to make; I get ideas from Bento - Nekobento.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4590 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 15 of 292
04 January 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged 
Wow, thanks a bunch! I love Cooking With Dog, it's so hilarious too, but I'll definitely check out Bento and
Hiroyuki's blog! My family here are avid Japanese food fans, and bento boxes are so much fun to make! My
creative me always starts taking over when bento's involved :)

Takato
Tetraglot
HungaryRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4841 days ago

249 posts - 276 votes 
Speaks: Hungarian*, EnglishB2, GermanB2, Japanese

Message 16 of 292
05 January 2012 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
Is Tae Kim's Grameri Sitesi real good? I mean, does it include damn hard Japanese grammar points as well, or only basic ones?

This discussion contains 292 messages over 37 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version