Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6431 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 33 of 35
13 October 2012 at 8:46pm | IP Logged 
OK. I signed up. Now I just have to figure this thing out. I'll send you my e-mail address in a PM so we can be allies.

If any of the rest of you join, we can be allies too :)
1 person has voted this message useful

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5793 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 34 of 35
13 October 2012 at 10:58pm | IP Logged 
I was wondering what had happened to you, particularly as your more recent posts suggested you've been quite up and down this year. It's tough when things you have no control over come along and disrupt your life, particularly when you are feeling vulnerable already to start with. However, in my experience there is usually one positive that comes out of these things, which is the discovery that you are more resilient than you realised.

You'll see there's a big gap in my language logs for the year 2010, when life decided to throw rather a lot of nasty things at me in rather a short space of time. Out of everything, the worst was when our landlords told us they wanted to sell our house and we had to move out. Not having a stable home situation for a couple of months really made everything else going wrong in my life at the time much harder to cope with. But the good news is I survived and I'm a stronger and more balanced person as a result, although it's still an experience I'd never want to go through again.

So I can imagine it's hard to deal with things while your family are busy packing up your old home and you're not quite sure where your new home is going to be just yet. I'm not a mental health expert, but I expect some of the anxiety you are feeling is probably a natural and normal response to this situation. So try and be kind to yourself and once your home situation has settled down again I'm sure you'll be ready and able to start taking on other challenges.

Anyway, if you're still watching Japanese shows, reading and Ankiing, I don't think you'll be doing too badly with the language at all. It means you're keeping all your existing skills up to scratch so you'll be able to build on them again in the future. It doesn't matter if you don't hit the mystical C1 level this year, it will just give you something to look forward to next year instead (maybe some kind of TAC Team う situation...)!
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6431 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 35 of 35
14 October 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
(maybe some kind of TAC Team う situation...)!

We are SO creative with out team names.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 35 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version