Juаn
Colombia
Joined 5133 days ago

727 posts - 1830 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 33 of 39
06 September 2014 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
@Juan: How do you like Bilike Georgian? Where did you get it from?

I just received it here so I have not begun using it, however it looks like an amazing resource. It appears to be very content-rich. You can review the different components of the series here and order them from Prospero's Books. You have to write to Prospero's and they'll get them for you. As far as I know, this is the only way of obtaining it, as I even contacted the author and was told to go through Prospero's. Be prepared though for very high shipping fees, as Fedex is the only alternative provided (an utterly atrocious company too, but if one wishes to get books from Georgia, there is no choice).

I don't know if shipping redelivery services for internet shopping which provide a physical address in the U.S. for receiving purchases are widely available in Brazil (they're very popular in Colombia), but if so, you might save some money by sending the books to the U.S. first, and from there to your home.

I have also tried ordering Georgian literature from Parnassus but they're far less responsive than Prospero's, and getting them to reply emails is an uncommon feat.
3 persons have voted this message useful

shmjay
United States
Joined 5150 days ago

12 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Russian, German, Spanish

Message 34 of 39
07 September 2014 at 5:42am | IP Logged 
lsilvaj wrote:
Books that arrived today, on the way to the bookshelf...

Where did you get La pratique de l'espagnol?

Edited by shmjay on 07 September 2014 at 5:43am

1 person has voted this message useful

lsilvaj
Diglot
Brazil
Joined 3918 days ago

34 posts - 42 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Russian

Message 35 of 39
09 September 2014 at 5:29am | IP Logged 
shmjay wrote:
lsilvaj wrote:
Books that arrived today, on the way to the bookshelf...

Where did you get La pratique de l'espagnol?

At priceminister.com

Henkkles
Triglot
Finland
Joined 4041 days ago

544 posts - 1141 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, Swedish
Studies: Russian

Message 36 of 39
17 September 2014 at 1:57pm | IP Logged 
My language material bookshelf:

My Uralic things, Hungarian things to the left, Estonian sort of in the middle and Sámi to the right

Next up русский town

German things

French/Latin and Icelandic

Finally the 'purgatory' of things I have to keep but can't fit anywhere else, contains all my Welsh, Polish, Swahili, Levantine Arabic, Italian science magazines, Norwegian novels, linguistics textbooks and other stuffs that I have no time for currently

If you want to ask me about any book, do ask away!

Edited by Henkkles on 17 September 2014 at 1:58pm

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 37 of 39
17 September 2014 at 8:43pm | IP Logged 
Wow, you have Elskede Poona in Estonian! I read it in Norwegian, though i'm not sure I understood that much. Is it convenient for you to get paperback Estonian books in Finland? What about e-books?

Henkkles
Triglot
Finland
Joined 4041 days ago

544 posts - 1141 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, Swedish
Studies: Russian

Message 38 of 39
17 September 2014 at 9:27pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
Wow, you have Elskede Poona in Estonian! I read it in Norwegian, though i'm not sure I understood that much. Is it convenient for you to get paperback Estonian books in Finland? What about e-books?

For almost all of those I've just taken the boat across gulf and burned money in the Rahva raamat-shop in Virukeskus. They often have things dirt cheap that they're trying to get rid of, such as the book you pointed out, and the Edda-translation above, and such.
2 persons have voted this message useful

daisydaisy
Joined 2894 days ago

5 posts - 6 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 39 of 39
02 June 2016 at 11:18pm | IP Logged 
As a new person on the site I would like to thank you all for this very interesting
thread, particularly the OP. if I go back to find your name I know I will lose my post,
so forgive me. When I can get help to get my language books together I will post a
photo too. I am not mobile just now and so will have to wait for one of my kind family
to help.

This discussion contains 39 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version