United States
Joined 5011 days ago

245 posts - 421 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Korean

Message 25 of 109
12 June 2012 at 6:58am | IP Logged 
David wrote:
HayterThat's interesting. A friend of mine did French 1-5 and got a B2 about 6 months after,
again with A LOT of time spent reading, watching the news/films, etc.

But that 2nd part of your friend's learning process isn't Rosetta Stone and happened probably several hundred hours worth of language study later. Rosetta Stone (levels 1-5) constitute only about 60-80 hours of unique language instruction, so it's no surprise that using it will only get a person to the A1/A2 range.

Edited by tibbles on 12 June 2012 at 6:58am

8 persons have voted this message useful

Eumaeus
Groupie
Australia
Joined 5424 days ago

75 posts - 134 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian

Message 26 of 109
12 June 2012 at 2:58pm | IP Logged 
magictom123 wrote:
I would be interested to hear David's response to Benny's review of Rosetta Stone:

Rosetta Stone review

In an earlier post that was deleted by the moderaters, David Hayter indicated that he would read Benny's
review. Have you read it David or were you just clowning around?
3 persons have voted this message useful

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5195 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Studies: French

Message 27 of 109
13 June 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged 
Does RS own/operate the Sharedtalk.com website? If so, I appreciate RS very much for that. It is a very useful site. There is always someone online to chat with on that site. I have never used or seen any of their other products so cannot comment on them.
3 persons have voted this message useful

tibbles
Diglot
United States
Joined 5011 days ago

245 posts - 421 votes 
Studies: Korean

Message 28 of 109
13 June 2012 at 1:54am | IP Logged 
James29 wrote:
Does RS own/operate the Sharedtalk.com website? If so, I appreciate RS very much for that. It is a very useful site.

Yes, they definitely own that site, and I think it's a great resource. Also, I remember another free site owned by Rosetta Stone that consisted of a bunch of different language games / activities ranging from single player to multi-player -- and geared for pretty high level learners in terms of the vocabulary used. I went there maybe a handful of times, but it didn't seem to be very heavily visited by other users.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 109 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version