Norway
Joined 5243 days ago

1349 posts - 2292 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 17 of 19
21 September 2012 at 9:13pm | IP Logged 
Peregrinus wrote:
But of course such stray books get separated from the set very often I imagine. In that
Linguaphone buyers thread started a while back I wonder if the contents of each version are being listed to aid
buying on ebay or wherever.

Yes, that was exactly what I had in mind when I started that thread.
1 person has voted this message useful

tennisfan
Triglot
United States
Joined 5150 days ago

130 posts - 247 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 18 of 19
02 October 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged 
I have the German course. I always wanted to use it, it looked so dense and packed with wonderful dialogues and information. But the instructions just seemed way too daunting and I never ended up using it regularly. Pick up this book, look at that book, rewind the track, then pick up the written exercises but don't do them yet, then go back to the original book, then do the.... it was just way too confusing and I wasn't sure in the end what the actual way to do it was. I wish someone would have sat down with me and showed me the proper way to go through it, I think I would have really enjoyed it.
1 person has voted this message useful

Peregrinus
United States
Joined 4282 days ago

149 posts - 273 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 19 of 19
02 October 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged 
tennisfan wrote:
But the instructions just seemed way too daunting and I never ended up using it regularly. Pick up this book, look at that book, rewind the track, then pick up the written exercises but don't do them yet, then go back to the original book, then do the.... it was just way too confusing and I wasn't sure in the end what the actual way to do it was.

You just went through a laundry list of sequential instructions and then you say you don't know the actual way. While I have not done a LP course, it sounds like that they do give clear instructions if you have all the books and tapes. While they may seem complicated in switching back and forth, that does not make them unclear or confusing.

The instructions that they give in the order they give them *are* the actual way. If what you mean is that you don't wish to do it like that for whatever reason, or are trying to find a way to shortcut the process, then state that and maybe some forum members here can give you such alternate methods of using the course.

Edited by Peregrinus on 02 October 2012 at 10:21pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version