Bilingual Heptaglot
China
Joined 4738 days ago

869 posts - 1364 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English*, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, Mandarin
Studies: Korean

Message 1 of 16
19 November 2012 at 3:31pm | IP Logged 
Well I am livid at the moment because the series I was watching has been completely purged/effaced from youtube. I had learned so much by watching it, not only my listening comprehension which now is excellent, but just mannerisms and every day vocabulary.

To be listening is crucial to furthering language learning so I need another source ASAP.

It doesn't matter what kind of tv show it is, as long as it is not a gameshow or talk show kinda thing, I simply cannot watch that. I admit I prefer soaps, which is ironic since I never watched them, but they are excellent for language lerners I think because they deal with all conceivable topics in life, there's plenty of small talk, and usually people speak the "street" language, plus you get a variety of people in terms of age, gender, and social status which exposes you to a variety of speech patterns and slang.

So, any suggestions of series that are online right now? I was watching "Laços de Família", which was really good in all of the above. Now, all the videos are gone, completely. It is so frustrating, oh well... there is a price to pay for free, but still.

Any help, urgently, please?
1 person has voted this message useful

FireViN
Diglot
Brazil
missaoitaliano.wordpRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5018 days ago

196 posts - 292 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2
Studies: Italian

Message 2 of 16
19 November 2012 at 5:00pm | IP Logged 
Apparently Globo is deleting everything from youtube. That's creepy, I used to watch many minisséries there, such as "Macho Man" and "Louco por elas". They still have Louco por elas but it's not updated or HD (despite the channel's name).

I could find a few that are still alive:
Os normais
A Mulher Invisível

Edit:
I found more stuff!

Fora de Controle
A few episodes of As Brasileiras
Tapas e Beijos- not up to date.
There are also some novelas from Rede Record, such as Rei Davi (I think it's gospel) and 'Máscaras' (spread all over youtube).

By the way, have you seem the pilot of 3%? They even have subtitles.

Edited by FireViN on 19 November 2012 at 7:45pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

crmaximo
Diglot
Brazil
Joined 4235 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*, English

Message 3 of 16
20 November 2012 at 2:16am | IP Logged 
It is not the same as watching a full video, but you can try watching Globo Soap Operas from internet.

For example, you can watch "Guerra dos Sexos" here: http://tvg.globo.com/novelas/guerra-dos-sexos/capitulo/2012/ 11/19/juliana-decide-dar-uma-chance-ronaldo.html

It is split by scene, but, at least, you are sure that they won't delete it! ;)

Guido
Super Polyglot
ArgentinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6317 days ago

286 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, French, English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian, Catalan, Dutch, Swedish, Danish
Studies: Russian, Indonesian, Romanian, Polish, Icelandic

Message 4 of 16
20 November 2012 at 3:14am | IP Logged 
Two and a half men in Portuguese. The first 8 seasons are dubbed, the 9th has subtitles.
With more than 200 chapters, you've got plenty of hours of fun. There are many other series on that site, but most aren't dubbed.
For movies and some other series try Mix Blog Filmes. It's full of pop-ups but it's better than nothing :)

Enjoy and have a nice day!
Guido.

Edited by Guido on 20 November 2012 at 3:15am

tibbles
Diglot
United States
Joined 4980 days ago

245 posts - 421 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Korean

Message 5 of 16
20 November 2012 at 5:00pm | IP Logged 
It sounds like all Brazil media is becoming more protectionist. First, the news outlets revoked permission from google to aggregate their news, and now other media players are purging youtube. But if they are trying to control viewer/user behavior, it will fail. This will just drive more people into p2p.

Edited by tibbles on 20 November 2012 at 5:01pm

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4504 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 6 of 16
20 November 2012 at 5:34pm | IP Logged 
tibbles wrote:
It sounds like all Brazil media is becoming more protectionist. First, the news outlets revoked permission from google to aggregate their news, and now other media players are purging youtube. But if they are trying to control viewer/user behavior, it will fail. This will just drive more people into p2p.

Well, I don't think we Brazilians care that much about our TV series. I mean, I'd hardly download any of them...
2 persons have voted this message useful

FireViN
Diglot
Brazil
missaoitaliano.wordpRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5018 days ago

196 posts - 292 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2
Studies: Italian

Message 7 of 16
20 November 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged 
fabriciocarraro wrote:
tibbles wrote:

Well, I don't think we Brazilians care that much about our TV series. I mean, I'd hardly download any of them...

Well, it really is a shame that they're doing that. I agree that brazilians don't care that much about our TV Series (except Novelas, I guess), but there are many shows recently that are VERY good. "Avenida Brasil" had a huge audience over youtube, and now it's all gone. "O brado retumbante" was very very good, and I had great laughs with "Macho Man". Perhaps we'll see the rise of p2p for brazilian TV shows. I do know that the rippers (the guys that record the shows) share if through closed communities of p2p.

It saddens me that Globo is doind that. I never see them trying to sell DVDs or anything, why don't just share it all? It should be good for their audience, anyway.

stelingo
Hexaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5621 days ago

722 posts - 1076 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Czech, Polish, Greek, Mandarin

Message 8 of 16
21 November 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged 
I actually tried to become a subscriber to the Globo website, was willing to pay for a monthly subscription. But I couldn't even register because, not being a Brazilian, I don't have a CEP number. Very frustrating.

This discussion contains 16 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version