Groupie
United States
Joined 4319 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Korean

Message 17 of 26
06 February 2013 at 5:14am | IP Logged 
Thank you Littleboy, billyshears66 and Evita!:) And also, I didn't do many TTMIK lessons
yet so it's good to know early they don't really go into conversation skills.
1 person has voted this message useful

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4319 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 

Message 18 of 26
06 February 2013 at 5:41am | IP Logged 
I was trying to put off posting about Busy Atom's Korean Lessons for Beginners but I
think I've waited long enough, so here it is. First of all, it's definitely should not be
a first choice for people who don't really have time to sit for a little and watch it.
Most of the videos are from around 20 to 50 minutes long. The lessons however were
incredibly helpful. Because the lessons were pretty long, I came out knowing a lot more
than I did before. Even though I only got to lesson 3, I can now make some basic
sentences, basic negative sentences and some past tense ones. I found that the systematic
approach really worked well for me. So in the end, I give this two thumbs up.

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4319 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 

Message 19 of 26
06 February 2013 at 6:12am | IP Logged 
Oh and almost forgot. My new resource is going to be Click: Korean.

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4319 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 

Message 20 of 26
13 March 2013 at 4:06am | IP Logged 
I'm back and with a new pact to post a little more often. First is my review for Click:
Korean. I really like the idea, but it just doesn't work for me. Often you have to take
the time to study the outside vocabulary, or you don't have to if you don't want to but
I suppose it's recommended. Despite this, it was very helpful teaching phrases and
being able to talk along a script helped in reading the text before it was replaced by
the next line. The cultural notes too were nice. As a whole it did not interest me
much. I wouldn't give it a thumbs up but I wouldn't give it a thumbs down either. Next
I'm going to use LingQ. It hasn't really been used much it seems so i'd like to see how
it is. I would also like to take the opportunity to just say how much I love Anki. I've
been using it since it was first recommended and honestly by far it has been the most
helpful thing in learning vocabulary. At first I wondered how the words would ever
stick, but after a while they did. It's hard to recall words sometimes without seeing
it but i'm working on fixing that. Overall I give Anki four thumbs up!

To go along with the team challenge, I'm going to try some GLOSS lessons as well.

Edited by Kami on 13 March 2013 at 4:09am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4319 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 

Message 21 of 26
13 March 2013 at 4:20am | IP Logged 
March 12
So I'm going to give a brief statement of where I am now in the language. I have a much
bigger vocabulary than before. I can now find myself picking up words when I listen to
songs or when I'm watching a drama, even though it's not so often. Sometimes when looking
at a song title in English I try to see if I can translate it. I practice writing a lot
when I have time in class so there's a ton of random hangul all over my notebooks. I'm
going to continue working on vocabulary but I'm going to try and focus on sentence
structure again and verbs definitely. After I try LingQ I'm going to go back to my two
current favorite resources (Busy Atom and Talk to me in Korean) and spend more time with
them.

Edited by Kami on 13 March 2013 at 4:22am

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4319 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 

Message 22 of 26
23 April 2013 at 4:04am | IP Logged 
It's been a while since I posted so here's my update. I haven't really been focusing on
learning the actual language lately. I've been watching dramas and listening to music. I
also still do Anki when I remember to but generally, I should really be doing more. I
thought this all yesterday, so today I'm going to start working on learning again. The
school year is almost over too so I'll have time over the summer. Since I reviewed a good
amount of sources, I'm going to start using them. Right now I plan on going through all
of the talk to me in Korean lessons. After, I'll switch to another source to reinforce
everything, fill in the gaps that TTMIK missed and also of course to learn more. I'm also
going to post a nice schedule for me to follow so I don't get sidetracked again.

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4319 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 

Message 23 of 26
25 April 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged 
April
I'm going to spend the rest of the month listening to TTMIK to get a general base of the
language. I'll also be using anki to continue to build my vocabulary.

May
I'm going to continue listening the TTMIK. I'll also watch some Busy Atom so I can have a
visual and also to fortify what I've learned so far.

Edited by Kami on 25 April 2013 at 12:45am

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4668 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 24 of 26
26 April 2013 at 3:45pm | IP Logged 
Kami wrote:
Right now I plan on going through all of the talk to me in Korean lessons. After, I'll switch to another source to reinforce everything, fill in the gaps that TTMIK missed and also of course to learn more.

Sounds like a solid plan, although I recommend getting lots of practice for everything new you learn and going through only one resource may not be enough for that. But it looks like that's what you're going to do with the BusyAtom lessons anyway and I'm sure you will soon notice new things you've learned in songs and dramas.

Being flexible with my language study schedule has proven very beneficial for me, so I'd like to encourage you to deviate from your plan whenever you feel it would be a good idea. :)

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version