Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
246 messages over 31 pages: 13 4 5 6 7 ... 2 ... 30 31 Next >>
ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5932 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 9 of 246
19 December 2012 at 1:14pm | IP Logged 
Hey Kerrie! I'm excited to have you as a Croatian teammate this year! I agree with you that setting high, abstract goals tends to lead to failure, so like you I'll also be setting a series of smaller, concrete goals this year. Anyways, best of luck with your languages and I'm looking forward to studying with you!
1 person has voted this message useful

JohannaNYC
Bilingual Triglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4242 days ago

251 posts - 361 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English*, Italian
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Arabic (Egyptian)

Message 10 of 246
19 December 2012 at 7:45pm | IP Logged 
Did you see this??

Danac wrote:
SUBTITLES

Croatian/Serbian/Macedonian Subtitles for Series
Here

Subtitles for Movies and Series in ~50 Languages
Here

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5185 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 11 of 246
19 December 2012 at 7:56pm | IP Logged 
JohannaNYC wrote:
Did you see this??
Danac wrote:
Subtitles for Movies and Series in ~50 Languages Here

I visit this one virtually every day. And Danac is one of my favorite people in the world cuz he told me about it. :)

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5185 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 12 of 246
20 December 2012 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 

Does anyone know if there's a way to link Linq flashcards/ vocab lists with Anki?

Anya
Pentaglot
France
Joined 5583 days ago

636 posts - 708 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, FrenchC1, English, Italian, Spanish
Studies: German, Japanese, Hungarian, Sanskrit, Portuguese, Turkish, Mandarin
Studies: Ancient Greek, Hindi

Message 13 of 246
20 December 2012 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
I use only "get shared" Anki option.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5124 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 14 of 246
20 December 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged 
Wow, Kerrie! That is one of the most impressive logs I have ever seen. And I thought I was a language
maniac, with too many languages and too little time. Way to go sister, I will so be following this log!

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5185 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 15 of 246
20 December 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Wow, Kerrie! That is one of the most impressive logs I have ever seen. And I thought I was a language
maniac, with too many languages and too little time. Way to go sister, I will so be following this log!

Haha! You must have missed the part when I said the only definite goals are the ones for Spanish and French. :)

I will still try to do all the other stuff, though. Even if I only get halfway for all the other goals, it will be a lot of progress. I keep telling myself to do only one or two languages, but I would be unhappy doing that. And realistically, last year I made some really solid progress in Spanish and French (even if I get down on myself about my French sometimes, it is because I compare it to my Spanish, and that's not fair really.) I also got a lot more comfortable with Italian, Portuguese, and German, and I've noticed that even if I put something down for awhile, a lot of the information is still in my head when I decide to go back to it. :)

I've been toying with the idea of a multi-Assimil experiment at the beginning of the year. I'll be finishing up Italian, and I'm already planning to do the Croatian, Portuguese, and Russian courses as it is. What would it hurt to add Norwegian and Turkish to the mix? :)

I've ordered the first seasons of CSI, CSI Miami, and CSI New York. They all have Spanish audio tracks. I've never seen any of them before, but I like the genre, and I think I will enjoy them. If I find I like one series over the others, Amazon usually has the season sets used for pretty inexpensive.

I had already found a bunch of TV stuff in French. I have Medium, Ghost Whisperer, and Stargate SG1 that have audio for French, German, and Italian, but most of the sets I've bought from Amazon (France/UK/Italy) don't have Spanish tracks. I bought Star Trek Voyager that has Spanish dub, but I'm not in the mood for that right now.

Life, sick children, and strep throat have gotten in my way for the time being, but hopefully after Christmas when we come home, I can get everything back on track. Right now all I want to do is sleep. I am *not* a happy mommy in the middle of the night when someone comes to wake me up because they want to whine. Hopefully she will sleep through the night tonight, school will be cancelled tomorrow, and we can chill for a few days before Christmas. I will make them clean my house while I study languages. :)

emk
Diglot
United States
Joined 5322 days ago

2615 posts - 8806 votes 
Speaks: English*, FrenchB2
Studies: Spanish, Ancient Egyptian
Personal Language Map

Message 16 of 246
21 December 2012 at 4:50am | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a way to link Linq flashcards/ vocab lists with Anki?

I spent half a day looking into it this spring, and I didn't find any good solutions. I eventually ended up doing a "sort by frequency" in LinQ, and exported everything as CSV.

If you send me a LingQ CSV file, I can run it through a script and send you back something which works well in Anki. I can either highlight the unknown words or make cloze cards.

Oh, and my compliments on your very ambitious plans for this year, and thank you for organizing Team Pax. Good luck with French!

This discussion contains 246 messages over 31 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version