Joined 6697 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 17 of 19
16 January 2015 at 1:34am | IP Logged 
Goals reached!
I've finished reading "Drapet på Harriet Krohn" (Karin Fossum, NO) and also finished the mini-course "Tio lektioner i danska" (Helle Karman, DA). I started both last Monday and didn't spend more than 15 minutes per day on each language, which means 15-20 pages of Norwegian and one lesson of Danish (pronunciation, vocabulary, some grammar exercises) per day. I doubled the amount last Sunday, so about twice the number of pages and lessons.

Next reading project started today: "Elskede Poona" (another Karin Fossum novel, NO) and "Paranoia" (by Gretelise Holm, DA).
2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 18 of 19
16 January 2015 at 3:41pm | IP Logged 
Gratulerer! See, it wasn't that difficult to keep doing a bit each day. I've read Elskede Poona. It was a turning point as it was the first book I read in Norwegian-only, no translations beside. I did have trouble understanding and missed a lot, but I could follow the story.
1 person has voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6697 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 19 of 19
18 January 2015 at 7:33pm | IP Logged 
Takk! You're right, it's not that hard finding time to at least read some 15 minutes of Danish and Norwegian. I sometimes read aloud to get a feel for the "inner voice". I don't know where Karin Fossum is from, and I definitely can't tell how she sounds from the way she writes, so I play with various accents as well. It's great fun, and nobody hears me butchering the language. :D

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 19 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version