43 messages over 6 pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 41 of 43
05 July 2013 at 9:06am | IP Logged 
I don't think we should have separate articles/categories for each level as it's hard to estimate your level. also, if you have some gaps in beginner stuff you can benefit from the techniques recommended to beginners.

1 person has voted this message useful

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4210 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 42 of 43
17 July 2013 at 2:34am | IP Logged 
I'm not sure who is able to edit this or if it's an automatic thing, but it would be nice to get rid of some of the
"wanted" articles that are not actually wanted. for example, right now it says that an article is wanted about "the
prince", but when i looked to see what page links to it i realized it was one of the tutorial pages. i'm not sure how
many of these situations there are. maybe it's not really an issue... i don't know. just something i've noticed!

besides that, i've been out of town for a while but now i'm back and hoping to start helping out again. to be honest,
i'll still don't understand what to write under the phonology/orthography/grammar sections of the language pages...
i keep going to fill in pages and then i get stuck! would someone mind explaining that again? or posting a link to
something that explains it? thanks!

EDIT: has anyone started a glossary type page yet? like for beginners to know what a verb is or whatever... i know we
started talking about it but i don't know if one has been created, and i'm not sure how to search for it on the wiki. i
think that would be a really easy one for people to contribute to - you can even just add one definition at a time!

EDIT #2: i saw that "swearing" was a wanted page and decided to go for it. however, i'd really appreciate if someone
read over it. i'm not really confident that i covered everything/explained it properly. feel free to drastically change it!
here's the link: http://learnanylanguage.wikia.com/wiki/Swearing

Edited by Emily96 on 17 July 2013 at 3:12am

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4791 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 43 of 43
18 July 2013 at 12:50am | IP Logged 
I try to write there answers to questions someone considering learning the language might want to ask. Such as whether the language is phonetic, whether there are declinations, whether there is fix word order and so on.

This discussion contains 43 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version