outerkhmer.blogspot.
Joined 4934 days ago

531 posts - 1126 votes 
Speaks: German*, Thai
Studies: Khmer

Message 25 of 28
11 September 2013 at 10:08pm | IP Logged 
thecatat wrote:
The votes have continued to climb (slowly). Thai is now up to 479. Please vote!

In the meantime, Rick has been working on a parser for Thai and now needs volunteers. The details can be found here: Thai Text Reader: Parsing

It's simple. Locate Thai. Copy, then paste the script into the parser. Parse. Email glitches to Rick. Rick will then correct/add them to the Thai dictionary hooked to the parser.

Cat and Rick, your project is great! Thanks for making it available for free! I'm a bit embarrassed that I wasn't been able to share my parser and way to use FLTR with the public last year but I simply lack the skills to program outside of my personal environment.

Do you know that FLTR accepts the zero-width-space as a separator? I use it to keep the text visually together while telling FLTR at the same time where the word boundaries are. Once you're happy with the parser you may want to offer such a split as an option...
1 person has voted this message useful

thecatat
Thailand
Joined 5755 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 26 of 28
12 September 2013 at 1:05am | IP Logged 
Bakunin wrote:
Cat and Rick, your project is great! Thanks for making it available for free! I'm a bit embarrassed that I wasn't been able to share my parser and way to use FLTR with the public last year but I simply lack the skills to program outside of my personal environment.

Thanks! And no need to be embarrassed at all. It was your article that opened the door to understanding FLTR. As easy as you made it sound, I don't have the programming skills to create a parser for personal use but I seriously wanted to at the time.

Quote:
Do you know that FLTR accepts the zero-width-space as a separator? I use it to keep the text visually together while telling FLTR at the same time where the word boundaries are. Once you're happy with the parser you may want to offer such a split as an option...

Rick is the programming brain of the project so I'll leave him to reply to this one.

Rick Bradford
Thailand
Joined 3910 days ago

3 posts - 6 votes

Message 27 of 28
12 September 2013 at 2:39am | IP Logged 
That can certainly be done quite easily.

In fact, with the modern Web technologies, there is heaps that can be done with hovers,
right-clicks and so on.

The question is more: what do people want to see, that will be useful, and can be
implemented with the least effort?

leosmith
United States
Joined 6354 days ago

2365 posts - 3804 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Tagalog

Message 28 of 28
15 September 2013 at 7:50am | IP Logged 
I see Thai is half way there now. Congratulations to all involved, and please keep voting.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 28 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version