United States
goo.gl/Zgg3nRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6086 days ago

227 posts - 297 votes 
Speaks: English*, Portuguese, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Mandarin, Spanish

Message 9 of 10
28 September 2013 at 2:01pm | IP Logged 
The social media benefits work from two sides that I can see. One is on the side of the person distributing material
where you can increase your subscriber base for you tube and other channels while connecting more with your
general audience. The other is on the side of the receiver where we can have a more frequent interaction with
someone distributing material reminding us that they are there and giving us some other useful information more
frequently.

Twitter, for example, is like a micro blog. You can send out a tweet which is a 140 character or less message to
anyone subscribed to your account. Some people send out interesting quotes, their current location (as that
changes) including sometimes an opportunity for anyone local to meet at a cafe or bar to meet up, links to new blog
posts and youtube videos, etc. Other people can read these messages quickly and can at times "retweet" them
which just copies your posting to share with their followers. In this way, I have increased the group I subscribe to
when someone interesting is brought to my attention.

It isn't something that everyone has to do but I have to say that there are quite a few blogs and youtube channels
that are a complete waste of time; however, I absolutely love all of your videos and have gotten a lot out of them.
Rather than reading basic, passive Latin, I am now using good methods to actively use Latin. I am currently working
through the Assimil using a course online from Schola Latinitatis Europaeana et Universalis which is a free course
using the assimil with lots of ancillary notes and material (as well as some homework) provided to really learn and
activate spoken Latin.

I also based on your reviews have picked up several other great Latin books and have just ordered Assimil Il Greco
Antico with the CDs.

Anyway, I hope you know that your contributions to youtube are sincerely appreciated and I at least look forward to
learning more from you in any form you provide be it video, forum post, blog, tweet, etc.

Best of wishes to you in your travels.
2 persons have voted this message useful

dekaglossai
United States
youtube.com/user/dek
Joined 4221 days ago

19 posts - 59 votes 

Message 10 of 10
30 September 2013 at 4:50pm | IP Logged 
Thank you for the detailed response, jondesousa. I'm glad to know about these avenues. For now, I think I'll
stick with just youtube. I find it hard enough to manage that alone :)

I'm very happy that you've found my videos and recommendations helpful! Your plans for Latin sound
excellent. Good luck with both Latin and Greek! They repay everything you put into them tenfold.

Thank you again for your kind words. Happy studies!
2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version