Groupie
New Zealand
Joined 6293 days ago

56 posts - 83 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 129 of 165
13 January 2014 at 11:10am | IP Logged 
A year ago I was looking for the French equivalent of an "ABCs" song to jam the alphabet pronunciation into my head. Anyone that is a total beginner might appreciate this Philippe Katerine song for just that purpose.
1 person has voted this message useful

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5001 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 130 of 165
13 January 2014 at 4:37pm | IP Logged 
Unless someone else (Htlal member with "senior" status; and TAC experience? - Though I don't think this
second is a necessary requirement) has in interest in doing so (Kanewai, perhaps? - I like your ideas
above, btw! Jeffers? Cavesa? I notice that on the main TAC page you said you'd be willing to
lead a French team.), I'd be willing to start and "lead" (well, co-ordinate) a second French team (no
guarantees as to the quality of my leadership, though!)

Some preliminary thoughts:
- That this second team would work collegially with Triomphe; we wouldn't be a "rival" team. I myself plan to
follow several Triomphe members' logs, and would be more than happy to share links, resources, booklists,
etc. with Triomphe.

- No enforced splitting of Triomphe. I'm assuming anyone currently in Triomphe would stay in Triomphe if
they wished (as a corollary, I'm assuming that most of you'll probably all so wish).

- No minimum numbers. If there are only five people who join this second team (perhaps Team "Deuxième
Langue"?), and we dwindle down to two by year's end, that's fine. (Hey, we'll be a tightly-knit pair!)

- Maximum: Cap it at a maximum of 18-20? I can't remember what numbers Brun Ugle suggested in her
guidelines at the end of 2012, but I think it was around that figure.   (Will try to hunt down the thread and find
out.) In any case, following even 18 logs is a lot. We can be a bit flexible on the numbers, but if there's
excess demand, the later applicants could perhaps start a third team, or do TAC as independents...?
---------
Update, 21 Jan 2014 First signup priority has now been given to people who were unable to join
Triomphe b/c of numbers, and the second French team registration is now open to others. See our team
thread (link below), posts 1 & 2, for details.

-----

- Levels: Mixed levels. That is, you'd be welcome to join, whichever level you are in French. Someone
suggested having different teams for each level, but people don't always gauge their own levels accurately,
and won't necessarily stay in lockstep at the same level through the year. In any case, I think we would
all have a lot to share with each other across levels. (Besides which, I myself wouldn't qualify for a team at
Intermediate level or above!)

If anyone else (proviso as above) would like to lead a/the second team, please give a shout. I'd be more than
happy to bow out and stay in Triomphe.   Will check back later tonight. Otherwise, I'll post a confirmation
note here, and on the main TAC signup page, and start a team thread.

(I notice that a few people on the main TAC sign up page had already expressed an interest in being in a
second French team: I think they may have been PeterMollenburg, Jeffers, and Christian00; I'll PM them
and tentatively slot them in as team members.)

Group thread for the second French team:
Team Deuxième

Edited by songlines on 26 January 2014 at 12:47pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Iolanthe
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5433 days ago

410 posts - 482 votes 
Speaks: English*, DutchC1
Studies: Turkish, French

Message 131 of 165
13 January 2014 at 4:52pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to join an extra French team if possible.

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4701 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 132 of 165
13 January 2014 at 5:34pm | IP Logged 
Count me in, Songlines. This is my first ever TAC, so I'd rather not co-ordinate a team, but I would happily join your team!

tastyonions
Triglot
United States
goo.gl/UIdChYRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4457 days ago

1044 posts - 1823 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: Italian

Message 133 of 165
13 January 2014 at 6:23pm | IP Logged 
Songlines, that seems like a good idea to me, and I think you would make an excellent team leader. Go ahead and start the thread.

I dropped a note about the second team in the opening post.

Edited by tastyonions on 13 January 2014 at 6:25pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4701 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 

Message 134 of 165
13 January 2014 at 6:43pm | IP Logged 
I think we should call the group "deuxième"-something. I keep thinking of the Assimil line, "deuxième leson, à Paris". Or "deuxième république", "deuxième arrondissement", etc. Or maybe "les deuxièmes" (if that is grammatically possible!)
2 persons have voted this message useful

enrdbrow
United Kingdom
Joined 4364 days ago

19 posts - 30 votes

Message 135 of 165
13 January 2014 at 8:50pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to join too if that's possible. I was just going to be an "observer" of Team
Triomphe with it being so oversubscribed. I'm really enjoying everyone's logs so far. If
we're going to be working alongside one another, I think "Triomphe" should feature in
the name. I'll throw in my suggestions: "Triomphe Toujours", "Triomphe Encore".

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4701 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 

Message 136 of 165
13 January 2014 at 9:31pm | IP Logged 
I have an even better name! "Mon tailleur est riche".

6 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 165 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version