Diglot
Canada
Joined 4098 days ago

165 posts - 347 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Catalan, Spanish, Japanese, Ukrainian, German

Message 57 of 57
21 November 2014 at 3:09am | IP Logged 
The year is slowly coming to an end. Twenty or so days and I'll have finished my
classes for the term and all of my exams. Then it's on to the holidays and new classes
in the New Year.

The New Year will also mark the end of my first TAC, so I've been reflecting on what I
accomplished during this year's challenge. I can't say I'm disappointed in what I've
managed to do, but there's definitely room for improvement next year. I think the
major problem I had this year was how wibbly-wobbly I was when it came to making
decisions and I fear that this situation has changed much since this the beginning of
the year. However, there have definitely been some major changes in my attitude that
have led to very positive changes. I've been thinking more about what I want, what I
like and what can possibly be done to combine the two.

I definitely want to be busier next year. I want to take the skills I've been
developing over the last years and apply them to some useful endeavour, preferably one
I'd enjoy being a part of. I'm looking at my options and have some ideas, but I'm also
realizing that some of my goals might be beyond my reach right now. The mostl ogical
course of action for me, at this point, would be to take baby steps. Get more
involved, learn from others and then start contributing more seriously when I have the
basics mastered.

I've been seeing this lately with a few of my friends who have been doing incredible
things in their free time: translating entire websites, becoming columnists for online
magazines, successfully selling their own artwork, the list goes on. What's incredible
is that most of these opportunities arose naturally from spending time in online and
offline communities that share their interests.

I'm still very undecided and have been thinking about taking a small break from my log
for a short time after the New Year to get things together, but we'll see how things
go.

Until next time, friends.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 57 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version