Speaks: Portuguese*, FrenchB2, English
Studies: Russian

Message 1 of 46
07 January 2014 at 5:39pm | IP Logged 
Bonjour!

Bienvenu à mon TAC 2014 log

Mes objectifs sont:

1. de A2 à une solide B1
2. Voyager à Paris en Avril et beaucoup pratiquer mon français là-bas.

Je l'étuderai avec ma femme. Donc, il y aura quelqu'un pour pratiquer avec moi \o/

Je vais utiliser immersion simulée. j'utiliserai seulement français chez moi:
TV (TV5), films, journaux etc. les seules exceptions seront mon travail (qui sera en
portugais bien sûr) et mes études de le russe.

Je vais poster une fois par semaine.

S'il vous plaît, souhaitez à moi bonne chance! :)

Merci.

Edited by Cristianoo on 02 February 2014 at 2:37pm

1 person has voted this message useful

renaissancemedi
Bilingual Triglot
Greece
Joined 4140 days ago

941 posts - 1309 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Ancient Greek*, EnglishC2
Studies: French, Russian, Turkish, Modern Hebrew

Message 2 of 46
07 January 2014 at 8:43pm | IP Logged 
Bonne chance Cristianoo! :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cristianoo
Triglot
Brazil
https://projetopoligRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3903 days ago

175 posts - 289 votes 

Message 3 of 46
13 January 2014 at 6:14pm | IP Logged 
That's it.

It is going to start tomorrow. Omg i'm both afraid and excited :)

Tomorrow I'll begin my "simulated immersion" in French which will last from 14/jan to
31/jan (first try) and until 28/feb if all things go right. I'll be using French as my
primary language.

The only exceptions are going to be:

a) Portuguese: 7 hours a day during worktime, Talking to my parents: one or twice a
week and when i'm buying things around here in my town
b) English/Russian: When I'm studing RUSSIAN, since my books are in English and
c) English/Russian: Posting on my russian log and reading Катюша team member's logs.

That's it. No more local TVs, no more TV Series, no more local news... I hope I don't
lose my friends.

Edited by Cristianoo on 13 January 2014 at 6:17pm

emk
Diglot
United States
Joined 5314 days ago

2615 posts - 8806 votes 
Speaks: English*, FrenchB2
Studies: Spanish, Ancient Egyptian
Personal Language Map

Message 4 of 46
13 January 2014 at 7:14pm | IP Logged 
Bonne chance ! Ou je peux te dire merde pour ton projet, si tu préfères cette version. :-) J'ai fait presque la même chose il y a deux ans, et cela m'a fait tant de bien.

Est-ce que tu as déjà trouvé de bonnes séries françaises à regarder ? Sinon, on peut t'aider ! L'immersion va t'épuiser, et c'est toujours très agréable d'avoir une série disponible quand tu es crevé. On peut aussi te donner des listes de sites web, de bandes dessinées et de livres — tout ce qu'il te faut pour t'amuser en français.

À bientôt !
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cristianoo
Triglot
Brazil
Joined 3903 days ago

175 posts - 289 votes 

Message 5 of 46
13 January 2014 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
Non! je ne les ai pas trouvés encore (les séries françaises). Tu peux m'aider? Quels
sont les noms?

J'ai déjà chez moi presque 40 films pour regarder pendant mon projet. Je souhaite
qu'ils sont assez (Je peux utiliser comme ça? Sont assez?)

> On peut aussi te donner des listes de sites web, de bandes dessinées et de livres —
tout ce qu'il te faut pour t'amuser en français.

Oui, Bien sûr! Merci beaucoup!! :)

Je souhaite voir ta liste.

Et d'autre chose: S'il te plaît, tu peux corriger mes erreurs ici?

Merci

emk
Diglot
United States
Joined 5314 days ago

2615 posts - 8806 votes 
Speaks: English*, FrenchB2
Studies: Spanish, Ancient Egyptian
Personal Language Map

Message 6 of 46
13 January 2014 at 8:27pm | IP Logged 
Cristianoo wrote:
Non! je ne les ai pas trouvés encore (les séries françaises). Tu peux m'aider?

Bien sûr ! Je vais te donner une liste que j'ai créée pour Khatzumoto, qui préparait un cours de français. La liste est en anglais, malheureusement. Mais il y a beaucoup de bonnes choses là.

Quote:

SensCritique
The mother load of French movies, TV series, graphic novels and games, reviewed by French users. Good starting points are livres/tops and bd/tops. Pick a list, pick an interesting book, check the right-hand column for other user-made lists containing that book and, voilà, you've now got a $300 wish list of stuff you can't resist. Plus tons of user-written reviews (in French) talking about why stuff is cool, with far better spelling and grammar than you're likely to find in the average comment section. And here, let me pick you a few graphic novels to get you started.

Izneo
If you're learning French, you have access to literally thousands of high-quality graphic novels. To read them online at surprisingly reasonable prices, check out Izneo. Get on their email list; they give lots of stuff away. (Credit to geoffw for discovering this site.)

VPN France
Nearly all digital French media is region protected. VPN France is one of the easier ways to work around this.

VoilaTV
French TV in the United States, via broadband. Includes France 2, France 3, France Ô, France 5, a whole pile of political and news channels, a couple of sports channels, and one channel with cartoons around the clock. Customer service is in French.

French movies and TV series with accurate subtitles
It's really hard to find French movies and TV series with accurate subs. Fortunately, other students of French have been here before you, and they've made a list.

Buffy contre les vampires, 7 seasons, plus near-complete fan transcripts
A really excellent dub (even Joss Whedon likes it). And thanks to one dedicated fan, you can now get transcripts for all the early seasons.

Vie de merde
The French version of fmylife.com. Every day they publish a half dozen stories of days gone horribly wrong. This is first-rate SRS material: Complete, entertaining stories in just a few sentences, and tons of colloquial vocabulary. Follow this site for a couple of months, feed the good stuff into into your SRS, and you'll give a huge boost to your day-to-day vocabulary.

Topito
Sort of like Cracked.com, but in French. Mixes formal, informal and profane vocabulary with wild abandon—and it will teach you a surprising amount about French life. (Thanks to sctroyenne.)

More TV series: Intermediate edition

Very few of these have French subs.

L'Avatar, le dernier maître de l'air. One of the best cartoons of the last decade, and the French dub is top notch. 61 episodes, short enough that you're going to watch one, and good enough that you won't stop.

Castle. Another fine French dub.

Les Revenants. What you do when your dead daughter walks in through the front door, acting as if nothing had ever happened? Slow, creepy and moody, with excellent acting. The dialog is ruthlessly native speed, but with long pauses.

The Quebec version of BBC Planète Terre. Documentaries feature some of the easiest native speech you'll ever hear, and this documentary is absolutely stunning. The Quebec dub has far fewer scientific mistakes than the French dub, but the accent is a neutral international accent.

Tintin. The classic adventures of Tintin, in a surprisingly competent animated adaption. 21 episodes.

Ulysse 31. Ulysses in space! A giant robot cyclops! Angry gods. A seriously cool spaceship. A French 80s classic for your inner 7-year-old.

Honorable mentions:

Code Lyoko. Teenage sci-fi. Some episodes are available legally on YouTube. Go check 'em out.
Tara Duncan. A teenage sorceress. Based on a popular, long-running series of French novels. Not bad at all, if you're into this sort of thing.

More TV Series: Advanced Edition

No French subs (or at least not accurate ones), no mercy, but lots of fun.

Bunny Maloney. Extremely sarcastic French rabbits who pilot a giant flying robot. Cannot be explained; must be watched. Here's a good introduction, which appears to be legal.

Engrenages. Corruption, crime and general dysfunction. The best "gritty" French police show of modern years.

Le Trône de fer. Because Tyrion Lannister's terrific in French, too. An excellent dub.

J'espère que ça va t'aider un peu. :-)

Cristianoo wrote:
J'ai déjà chez moi presque 40 films pour regarder pendant mon projet. Je souhaite
qu'ils sont assez (Je peux utiliser comme ça? Sont assez?)

Pour toutes mes questions de ce genre, j'utilise Linguee. Pour les corrections, vois mes suggestions ici.

Et c'est parti pour la grande aventure !

Edited by emk on 13 January 2014 at 9:36pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

Cristianoo
Triglot
Brazil
Joined 3903 days ago

175 posts - 289 votes 

Message 7 of 46
14 January 2014 at 4:59am | IP Logged 
M'aider un peu?? c'est une énorme liste!! :)

Merci beaucoup emk. Je vais utiliser cette liste pour améliorer mes étudies.

Oui, Il sera une grande aventure. Je pense qu'elle sera très amusante

à bientôt.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4948 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 8 of 46
14 January 2014 at 4:28pm | IP Logged 
Planet Series (can't say more, Google is your friend)

This discussion contains 46 messages over 6 pages: 2 3 4 5 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version