Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

LL & Loss of Confidence:How to Persevere?

Language Learning Forum : General discussion Post Reply
27 messages over 4 pages: 1 2 3
Gemuse
Germany
Joined 3876 days ago

818 posts - 1189 votes 
Speaks: English
Studies: German

Message 25 of 27
05 April 2014 at 9:29pm | IP Logged 
Avid Learner wrote:

This wasn't what I had planned in the beginning, and it's going to take much more time
before I can start learning another language than I wished. However, I still have the
motivation, I haven't had a language burn-out, and I don't see why I won't get where I
want.

You, Madam, are a winner. Keep it up!!

Edited by Gemuse on 06 April 2014 at 3:26am

3 persons have voted this message useful

Avid Learner
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4456 days ago

100 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: German

Message 26 of 27
06 April 2014 at 1:21am | IP Logged 
Oh, thanks Gemuse. :)

Perhaps I should add that with time, learning German has become an activity which makes me forget everything else at the end of the day. It's helping me to relax. I suppose this also results from the fact that I don't put too much pressure on myself, while still remaining perseverant.

This forum really helps me remaining motivated, since I know only one person around me who is attempting to learn a third language. However, I suppose that with so many here and elsewhere who are so proficient in their langage learning process, it could possibly be easy to forget that it's also okay to go at a slower pace, when our personal situation requires it.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Raconteur
Diglot
Poland
bit.ly/1eiSWnc
Joined 3686 days ago

34 posts - 47 votes
Speaks: Polish*, English

Message 27 of 27
06 April 2014 at 3:47pm | IP Logged 
Avid Learner wrote:
I suppose that with so many here and elsewhere who are so proficient in their langage learning process, it could possibly be easy to forget that it's also okay to go at a slower pace, when our personal situation requires it.

Avid Learner,
Thanks so much for your perspective. I can definitely relate to your situation, although so far I have not been successful in persevering (or finding language learning relaxing for that matter). I will definitely read and re-read your 2 last posts many times!

Everyone,
Thank you for your comments – I am sorry that I cannot respond to everyone individually, but as usual I am short on time!

I hope you continue to give me good advice over here, and also on the language log I created to keep myself motivated and accountable.

Language Learning Forum:
     Language Learning Log:
          Raconteur’s Humble Beginnings
             http://bit.ly/1eiSWnc

Edited by Raconteur on 13 April 2014 at 12:48am

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 27 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version