Vietnam
japanesetest4you.com
Joined 4510 days ago

19 posts - 25 votes
Speaks: Vietnamese*, English, Mandarin, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Spanish

Message 9 of 10
23 September 2014 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
I think listening is the hardest part of learning a language. If you can listen well, you can speak well, and vise versa. You need to spend a huge amount of time to train your ears in order to listen to fast news and understand the majority of it.
1 person has voted this message useful

blonl
Australia
Joined 3507 days ago

6 posts - 14 votes

Message 10 of 10
28 September 2014 at 12:47pm | IP Logged 
It sounds very solid. Because you have already looked up the meanings beforehand, each time
you listen to the passage it will be something that you have already exposed to. From that you
are able to recall the translations you have already made thus enhancing your memory.

I don't know what passages you are using, but I think songs are a good material for your
method. Though its weakness is that it has a smaller vocabulary range and lacks intonation, it
gives you entertaining repetitions. And your steps are just as applicable to listening to
lyrics in songs. I think if your method is applied to songs, it would be very beneficial to
beginners for training their listening skills. At least they won’t be bored off by listening
to some dull passages repeatedly and get discouraged.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version