Triglot
United States
Joined 4561 days ago

581 posts - 977 votes 
Speaks: English*, Hawaiian, Tagalog
Studies: Spanish

Message 33 of 51
25 April 2015 at 10:21pm | IP Logged 
Awesome to see you getting through this; I'm hoping to finish Unit 31 today, and I've got a long way still to go...
1 person has voted this message useful

Clarity
Groupie
United States
Joined 3318 days ago

85 posts - 107 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 34 of 51
28 April 2015 at 11:56pm | IP Logged 
Still working on the present subjunctive, so I'm extra impressed that you're wrestling with the imperfect variety of the beast. As James29 said, May is almost here and it looks like you're almost done! That coffee cake has your name on it.

slikew
Groupie
United States
Joined 3869 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 

Message 35 of 51
08 May 2015 at 7:16pm | IP Logged 
Still working on Unit 51. I didn't get good traction at the beginning and missed a few days, so this put me behind. Onward!

Clarity
Groupie
United States
Joined 3318 days ago

85 posts - 107 votes 

Message 36 of 51
12 May 2015 at 2:32am | IP Logged 
Onward and upward!

slikew
Groupie
United States
Joined 3869 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 

Message 37 of 51
14 May 2015 at 3:21pm | IP Logged 
Finished with Unit 51. This unit took a bit longer than I wanted to spend. This is a unit where I feel like lots of real world examples of the structures taught would greatly help me. I don't like leaving a unit without at least 85-90% understanding of the unit. I was able to repeat everything at a level around 90%, but my understanding of the second half of the unit was around 75%.

It's time to move on to Unit 52.

Edited by slikew on 14 May 2015 at 7:01pm

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5171 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 38 of 51
14 May 2015 at 5:53pm | IP Logged 
Great... keep chugging along. You are almost there. If I remember correctly there are a few lessons around 53-ish that are actually pretty easy. I remember them being a welcome break from the ones like 47 and 48.

slikew
Groupie
United States
Joined 3869 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 

Message 39 of 51
19 May 2015 at 7:00pm | IP Logged 
Unit 52 is a bit easier. I hope to finish it this week.

slikew
Groupie
United States
Joined 3869 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 

Message 40 of 51
27 May 2015 at 3:58pm | IP Logged 
Two weeks later I'm still on Unit 52 after calling it "easier." The conversation had tripped me up a bit and required more work than exepcted. I was able to get it to about 95% accuracy this morning. Life has been extremely busy with home life, work and extracurricular activities. I do hope to finish Unit 52 this week. If it even takes another week, I'm ok with that.

As I get closer to the end of FSI, I find that I want to really get each remaining Unit down perfectly. I know it's very important to put in the time and effort right now, before I finish up the course and move on to the next phase of my Spanish learning.

The next phase will consist of me reading through the NTV Bible (Nueva Traducción Viviente - I'm currently in Exodus) and listening to sermons in Spanish (Peruvian pastor mostly). I also have a trilogy of political spy thriller books that I would like to read through about 3 times (El Duodécimo Imán - The Twelfth Imam series by Joel Rosenberg). I think I'd also like to watch Destinos all the way through one time. I know Destinos may seem a bit remedial, but practice makes perfect. I would also like to find native speakers to talk to. I figure this next phase should take me through the end of the year at least.

Edited by slikew on 27 May 2015 at 4:02pm

This discussion contains 51 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version