Groupie
United States
Joined 3869 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 49 of 51
14 July 2015 at 7:33pm | IP Logged 
I'm creating my own memrise course for words that I don't know in Leviticus. Just typing them out and defining them helps so much. Lots of words that I don't know like: el espinazo, riñon, el hígado and other terms related to the Jewish sacrifical system.
1 person has voted this message useful

slikew
Groupie
United States
Joined 3869 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 

Message 50 of 51
16 July 2015 at 12:33am | IP Logged 
The exchange went alright last night. I mostly helped Segundo with his English skills. He helped me with a few phrases. A lot of discussion back and forth over a relatively small amount of material. At times it seemed like more time was taken to give context and usage rules for phrases than actually getting into the language. Even still, I was able to communicate in Spanish, and I surprised myself with how much I was able to say. If I ever hit a rought spot, I took a moment to think and then answered in a different way. I enjoyed it, and I hope to meet up with Segundo again very soon.

Edited for bad English.

Edited by slikew on 16 July 2015 at 12:33am

2 persons have voted this message useful

slikew
Groupie
United States
Joined 3869 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 

Message 51 of 51
16 July 2015 at 4:16pm | IP Logged 
Unit 54 is now Complete and boy am I glad about it! Unit 55 has actually been a lot of fun so far. I hope to finish it up by next week at the latest.

Several Thoughts:

I like how structured the Spanish language seems to be. It's much more consistent that English. I'd love to reach the C2 level one day, but unless I move abroad, I'm not sure how possible that would be. perhaps a C1 would be more within reach. I don't plan on learning any other languages, so my Spanish learning is going to be a long term relationship.

I'll be working on putting together a gameplan for my post FSI studies, which I will share once I complete Unit 55.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 51 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version