28 messages over 4 pages: 1 2 3
mitcht
Australia
Joined 3536 days ago

32 posts - 36 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 25 of 28
21 March 2015 at 12:05am | IP Logged 
That's the plan at the moment but i really only touch FSI on my drive to and from work -
about 30 mins each way. I think I'll fill whatever other study time i have to grammar as
i do tend to read the news in Spanish most days anyway.

Thanks for the tip re subtitles, i have found it hard to find Spanish language shows with
spanish subtitles though. I recently came across RTVE which has programs but nothing that
has really taken my fancy.

I may start updating this blog in Spanish but that remains to be seen.
1 person has voted this message useful

mitcht
Australia
Joined 3536 days ago

32 posts - 36 votes

Message 26 of 28
05 July 2015 at 10:14pm | IP Logged 
Been a very long time since i have updated this but to give a brief update on my progress and plans. I have
continued with the FSI on a slow and steady basis - I have taken some sanity breaks but am finally nearing the home
stretch (at lesson 49 now). This has comprised the bulk of my Spanish study of late and is really limited to my drive
to and from work 5 days a week. A month or two ago i was also watching quite a bit of Spanish TV (el internado and
sin identidad) but I have slacked off a lot on this as my work hours have increased and by the time i am getting
around to watch TV my brain is too fried to concentrate on watching a show in Spanish with no subtitles. Coming
back to it now i feel my listening comprehension has dropped a little as I haven't been challenging myself. I have
started a bit of extensive reading and finished the first hunger games book (which i hated), ojos de agua (which i
liked), and am now reading los morros del narco (which is interesting but sad). I have also found a teacher I like and
am taking 1 hour of class a week - trying to also take an additional hour with various italki teachers throughout the
week. At the moment I think i will take the B2 exam in October, I don't think it should be a much of a stretch
(according to the teacher) but I am more using it as experience prior to taking the C1 next year.

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5660 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 27 of 28
06 July 2015 at 4:33pm | IP Logged 
Congrats on all your progress, the final stretch in FSI is always really motivating. I'm sure you won't have any trouble with the B2 exam, but exams in general aren't much fun. So good luck when the time comes!

mitcht
Australia
Joined 3536 days ago

32 posts - 36 votes

Message 28 of 28
07 July 2015 at 3:34am | IP Logged 
Cheers, at the moment I can't wait for it to be over...

This discussion contains 28 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version