Heptaglot
France
Joined 4437 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 97 of 387
17 December 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged 
After much hesitation I finally decided to join the Russian team this year. Hesitation because my life is always very busy and I am unsure how much commitment I can give, but I'll do my best.

Question: Do I need to create a new specific log for TAC2015 or can I just use my current log A bit of anything? I gave up TAC last year partially because I didn't like having separate logs for the TAC and the non-TAC languages.

1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4642 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 98 of 387
17 December 2014 at 1:46pm | IP Logged 
Ogrim wrote:
Question: Do I need to create a new specific log for TAC2015 or can I just use my current log A bit of anything? I gave up TAC last year partially because I didn't like having separate logs for the TAC and the non-TAC languages.

No, you can simply continue using your old log. You should just indicate where the TAC 2015 starts. Furthermore, you can write about all your languages in one log. You don't need to seperate TAC from non-TAC languages. The rules of the TAC aren't that strict. In fact, they are pretty much "anything goes".

By the way, welcome to the Russian team! We're glad to have you! :)

Edited by Josquin on 17 December 2014 at 1:52pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4642 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 99 of 387
17 December 2014 at 2:00pm | IP Logged 
Also, I would like to encourage you to discuss team names, team leaders, and everything else related to the TAC! This thread is very quiet compared to the sign-up threads of former years. Teams that have been confirmed can also start their team threads!

I'll just start the discussion: I'm volunteering to become the captain of the Russian team again. That is if the team wants me, of course. Also, I'd suggest the name Team Pushkin. Here you go! :)

Edited by Josquin on 17 December 2014 at 2:01pm

Ogrim
Heptaglot
France
Joined 4437 days ago

991 posts - 1896 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, French, Romansh, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Catalan, Latin, Greek, Romanian

Message 100 of 387
17 December 2014 at 2:27pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the welcome, Josquin. I certainly would be happy to see you continue as the Russian team captain, and I'll try to be an active member. Regarding the name of the team, I don't have any better suggestion for the moment, but I'll wait and see what the other members of the Russian team suggest.

It is quiet, not only in this thread but on HTLAL in general. Last December there were a total of 6745 posts, so far this year there are 1614 (including this one), and we are more than halfway through the month. The problems with the forum earlier this year certainly has had an impact on activity levels, but I am still surprised that it has dropped so much. Maybe it's because Solfrid Cristina doesn't write as much as she used to;-)

Edited by Ogrim on 17 December 2014 at 2:28pm

tomgosse
Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3790 days ago

90 posts - 143 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 101 of 387
17 December 2014 at 3:09pm | IP Logged 
Bonjour à tous,

For those that are interested, my French log is here: Journal française de Thomas

Merci,
Thomas

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5132 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 102 of 387
17 December 2014 at 3:37pm | IP Logged 
Ogrim wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, Josquin. I certainly would be happy to see you
continue as the Russian team captain, and I'll try to be an active member. Regarding
the name of the team, I don't have any better suggestion for the moment, but I'll wait
and see what the other members of the Russian team suggest.

It is quiet, not only in this thread but on HTLAL in general. Last December
there were a total of 6745 posts, so far this year there are 1614 (including this
one), and we are more than halfway through the month. The problems with the forum
earlier this year certainly has had an impact on activity levels, but I am still
surprised that it has dropped so much. Maybe it's because Solfrid Cristina doesn't
write as much as she used to;-)

Om jeg hamrer eller hamres, like fullt så skal der jamres :-) (Peer Gynt: Ibsen)

Last year I got some really negative reactions for being too active, so I thought I'd
step gracefully back for a while, and let everyone else have their say :-)I did not
want to outstay my welcome on the forum.

Otherwise I can just say "Welcome paesano I am extremely happy to see you on
the Russian team!

And Josquin: Great minds think alike! I had planned to propose "Team Pushkin" myself,
as I think it would be nice for the Russian team to step out of the space and war
themes, and into a theme of culture and refinement.

I look forward to see what the other teams will come up with in the way of names. Are
any new team threads created yet?

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4505 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 103 of 387
17 December 2014 at 3:58pm | IP Logged 
Gonna use my old log thread and rename it.

Clicky for
a log

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6395 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 104 of 387
17 December 2014 at 4:10pm | IP Logged 
Remember that team threads have to be created by the leaders, not anyone from the team and especially no newbies.

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 387 messages over 49 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version