Netherlands
Joined 3843 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 25 of 177
05 January 2015 at 11:08pm | IP Logged 
Thanks @s.mann!
   I can tell you that I'm quite satisfied of the classes I attended until now. The teachers are energetic, the lessons
well-designed, all the students (included the very shy ones) are involved and encouraged to talk. The lessons are
completely in French (at least the ones from A2 above) and I saw quite a degree of flexibility to satisfy the needs of
the groups.

Said that, keep in mind that I study French in The Netherlands, and that the situation can be different from school to
school. I advice you to collect informations about the school of your city.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4130 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 
Speaks: English, Spanish*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 26 of 177
06 January 2015 at 5:39am | IP Logged 
tristano wrote:
Fantastic news: I obtained to jump a level and
start with the B2.1 course at the alliance
Française! So proud :)

Trés bon! Félicitations :D
1 person has voted this message useful

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3843 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 27 of 177
06 January 2015 at 7:56am | IP Logged 
Merci beaucoup! :) :)

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3843 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 28 of 177
06 January 2015 at 6:11pm | IP Logged 
Je suis en train d'évaluer s'il peut marcher pour moi prendre des leçons d'espagnol sur
Italki. Je peux prendre des leçons complétament en espagnol donc il douvrait être assez
immmersive.

I'm evaulating if taking Spanish lessons on Italki can work for me. I can have lessons
completely in Spanish so it should be enough immersive.

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3843 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 29 of 177
11 January 2015 at 2:51am | IP Logged 
I've been in Paris Thursday and Friday (8th and 9th of January), for a team building day with my colleagues that work
from France. It has been a very intense experience. The atmosphere in the city was crazy. The tension could be cut
with a knife.

Despite happening to go in Paris in the absolutely worst of the moments possible, my experience has been very
positive. My colleagues with whom I never worked with directly, where pleasantly surprised that I could speak
French, and I spoke French with them for most of the time, both while working than outside. I also had a little quest:
I forgot my two cellphones in the hotel's room (yes, not one, but two!) after having done the checkout and prior to
travel back to the Netherlands, I went back to the hotel to see if I could find them. I addressed the guy of the
reception in English, that didn't understand at all what I was trying to communicate to him. Since I had the Italian ID
with me he tried to speak in Italian to me, assuming that I can't speak French, whereas I actually used English not to
be in disadvantage in the communication. Well, his Italian was quite rudimentary... but he didn't addressed me very
well let's say... Therefore I re-explained to him in French what I told him in English: that I forgot my two cellphones
in the hotel room and I had done the checkout already so it was impossible to me to go into the room and take
them. His attitude changed completely and he went in the other room and came back with my two cellphones.

I'm quite sure that If I couldn't speak French I wouldn't have received back my cellphones.

What an intense experience.

Edited by tristano on 14 January 2015 at 2:58pm

6 persons have voted this message useful

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5272 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 30 of 177
13 January 2015 at 8:18am | IP Logged 
Salut tristiano,

Comment ca va? Je suis desole mais je ne peux pas utilise des accents francais avec
cet ordinateur. On est dans le meme equipe maintenant. Comme Jeffers j'ai vu ton nom
parfois ici sur HTLAL et pour ca je me sens comme je te connais un peu, mais en
realite ce n'est pas le cas. Mais maintenant que tu es sur le meme equipe je vais
suivre ton blog ici. Alors, bienvenu sur notre equipe de francais et bonne chance en
2015!

How are you? I'm sorry but I can't use French accents with this computer. We are on
the same team now. Like Jeffers I have seen your name sometimes here on HTLAL and for
that I feel like I know you a little, but in reality it's not the case. But now that
you are on the same team I'm going to follow your log here. So, welcome to our French
team and good luck in 2015!

PM

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3843 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 31 of 177
14 January 2015 at 2:36pm | IP Logged 
Bonjour @PeterMollenburg!
J'ai le meme probleme avec cet ordinateur-ci aussi :) Merci beaucoup pour ton message.
Je vais aussi suivre ton log. Pour des motivations particulieres cette langue est
divenue maintenant la langue que je suis en train d'etudier le plus. Je la peux parler
presque courament mais je dois encore augmenter mon vocabulaire et corriger des
erreurs de grammaire. J'ai besoin de conseils mais aussi je peux aider en quelque
maniere les etudiantes qui son moin advances.

Hello @PeterMollenburg!
I have the same problem with this pc :) Thank you very much for your message. I'm also
going to follow your log. Due to particolar reasons this language has became the
language that I'm going to study the most. I can speak it almost fluently but I still
have to increase my vocabulary amd fix some grammar mistake. I need advices but I can
also help somehow the learners that are less advanced than me.

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4805 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 32 of 177
18 January 2015 at 1:27am | IP Logged 
A late welcome to team Spanish is still better than no welcome, so forgive me and know
I am glad to have you on board! :-) I am looking forward to reading your log the more
that we are teammates in three teams! But I'm curious about your other languages as
well, truth be told.

By the way, you are totally right the classes at Alliance Francaise can vary greatly
in quality. I used to attend them here in Prague for two semesters years ago and I was
quite disappointed. One of the teachers was horrible (an old and not too pleasant lady
who was making the stupid mistake of not pushing people forward and instead let the
group fall behind the schedule greatly, which is a problem when you have a follow up
class and one third of the content hasn't even been touched; the other one was better
but still nothing that awesome), I wish I knew better than to go to classes back then.
But, there are people who were totally excited by their teachers and felt they were
making more progress.
And truth be told, the prices have risen so much during the last few years that I am
surprised people still go there. You have classes of the same quality in most major
language schools, native speakers as teachers or tutors are not that hard to find and
still some people just pay 50-60% more just for the prestige.

And I loved your cellphones story!!!

This discussion contains 177 messages over 23 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version