SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6711 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 41 of 44
23 March 2015 at 6:31pm | IP Logged 
I've lost count how many times I've listened to their covers. Here is their version of "Don't you worry child" (by Swedish House Mafia):
Ná bí buartha
1 person has voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6711 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 42 of 44
19 April 2015 at 6:12pm | IP Logged 
Oops, it's nearly a month since last post! How is everybody doing? I hope you haven't given up! Maybe the silence means that everybody is studying.

tangleweeds
Groupie
United States
Joined 3377 days ago

70 posts - 105 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Irish, French

Message 43 of 44
19 April 2015 at 9:27pm | IP Logged 
My brief foray into reviving my super-rusty French has actually done great things for my
Irish. I came back from it ready to dive into Learning Irish, which had been a bit too
dense for me previously.

But also, it turned out to be a valuable and relevant experience to have revived enough
French to enjoy reading and understanding another language without any mental translation.
Having reawakened the skill of thinking in another language, the ability shifted seamlessly
into Irish as well. I've been catching myself reading in Irish without feeling like I'm
decoding... just so long as I'm familiar with the vocabulary and grammar involved, which
makes for a pretty limited scope, but still, it's an exciting transition!

So this past couple of weeks I've studied and done all the exercises associated with
Chapter 2 of Learning Irish, including the Nancy Stenson LI Workbook exercises, as well as
the textbook translations. Ove the past month I've gotten the first two chapters of Buntús
Cainte down solid, while chapters 3 & 4 are pretty comfortable understanding wise, though I
haven't refined my pronunciation yet re: broad & slender consonants. And I'm familiarizing
myself with chapers 5 & 6 (the early chapters seem to divide into logical pairs -- does it
stay that way?).

I'm still struggling with keeping a consistent time log, though. I forget to start my timer
as often as not, and some days I work in such interspersed snatches that it's hard to time
at all (e.g. doing grammar exercises while watching a basketball game).

liammcg
Ireland
Joined 4406 days ago

269 posts - 397 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 44 of 44
22 April 2015 at 8:09pm | IP Logged 
Tá súil agam go bhfuil ag éirí go maith le chuile dhuine! I don't know has this site been mentioned as of
yet:

Tuairisc.ie

A good, up-to-date site focusing a great deal on all thinks Gaelic.

4 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 44 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version