Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Nikolic993’s: IT,RO,中文 log. (Team César)

Tags: Romanian | Italian | Mandarin
 Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
37 messages over 5 pages: 1 2 3 4
basica
Australia
Joined 3332 days ago

157 posts - 269 votes 
Studies: Serbian

Message 33 of 37
12 June 2015 at 4:39am | IP Logged 
Go team Glossika :) How're you finding Mandarin in Glossika? I'm somewhat tempted myself
to do it one day (in the far, far future) :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3576 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 
Speaks: Serbian*, English
Studies: Italian, Mandarin, Romanian, Persian

Message 34 of 37
18 June 2015 at 4:11pm | IP Logged 
basica wrote:
Go team Glossika :) How're you finding Mandarin in Glossika? I'm somewhat tempted myself
to do it one day (in the far, far future) :)
To be quite honest, I didn't like it as far as pronunciation practice is concerned because of the female voice. Her pronunciation is great, but I don't want to end up sounding like a woman because of the high pitched voice. I think I'm just gonna use it for listening comprehension. :)

Go for it man, it's certainly an interesting language. There are a lot of Chinese stores here in Novi Sad, so I can use it to speak with all the employees. I'm sure you can find a good use for it in Australia. :)

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3576 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 

Message 35 of 37
09 July 2015 at 3:09am | IP Logged 
Italian:
Assimil - Italian With Ease PW:74/105 AW: 10/105
Colloquial Italian - Unit 6/17

Romanian:
Assimil - Il Romeno Senza Sforzo PW 28/101 AW: 0/101
Colloquial Romanian - Unit 5/20

Mandarin:
Assimil - Chinese With Ease PW 22/101 AW: 0/101
Pimsleur Mandarin I - 8/30

Notes:
I finally picked up where I left off. I did 2 lessons of Assimil Romanian, 1 Italian lesson, and 1 Chinese lesson. I also listened to the eight lesson of Pimsleur Chinese. I'm practicing writing Chinese characters right now.

I wrote out a couple of pages of these characters and phrases:
我,你,他,们,好,饿,不,累,走,吗, 第,课,要,是,饭,汤,菜,什么,面包, 买,书,笔,报,那,裤子,四,谁,父亲, 就,认识,见,过,五,这儿,有,没,画报 ,书店,邮局,对不起。

I think I can recognize around 200 characters, but of course, I can't write them all.

Edited by nikolic993 on 09 July 2015 at 3:09am

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3576 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 

Message 36 of 37
10 July 2015 at 7:53pm | IP Logged 
This might not seem like a big achievement for the rest of you that are learning Chinese, but for me it is. I understood a full sentence in Chinese without looking at the translation (subtitles). I even wrote a lang-8 post about it. :D

Quote:
我看了一部关于中国纪录片。它叫 "Footprints in Macau"。 这纪录片没有中文字幕,可是有英语字幕。 我没看翻译明白了一个句子。   解 说员说:"中国人第一次知道地球是圆的"。� ��现在很高兴!

I watched a documentary about China. It's called "Footprints in Macau". This documentary didn't have Chinese captions, but it did have English subtitles. I understood one sentence without looking at the translation. The narrator said: "It was from him that the Chinese first heard that the earth was round". I'm very happy right now. :D

I think I'm gonna keep watching these kinds of documentaries, because the narrators always use standard pronunciation and speak clearly. I can also pick up a word here and there, and some words that I'm learning right now pop up very frequently, like: 文化(culture), 历史(history), etc. I also heard the word 圆(round) again in a TV show and I understood what it meant, so I think I pretty much "own" it.

Here is a link to the CCTV9 documentary page, if anyone wants to watch them.

Edited by nikolic993 on 10 July 2015 at 8:02pm

nikolic993
Diglot
Yugoslavia
Joined 3576 days ago

106 posts - 205 votes 

Message 37 of 37
11 July 2015 at 4:51am | IP Logged 
Italian:
Assimil - Italian With Ease PW:75/105 AW: 10/105
Colloquial Italian - Unit 6/17

Romanian:
Assimil - Il Romeno Senza Sforzo PW 29/101 AW: 0/101
Colloquial Romanian - Unit 5/20

Mandarin:
Assimil - Chinese With Ease PW 23/101 AW: 0/101
Pimsleur Mandarin I - 9/30

Notes:

I made a recording of me reading my lang-8 entry in Chinese, and I got a correction on the pronunciation. I only made 1 stupid mistake, which was pronouncing zhe4 as zhi1. This is a major improvement as far as tones are concerned because I made around 12 mistakes in my "introduction" recording.

Chinese recording.

Edited by nikolic993 on 12 July 2015 at 3:41am

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 37 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version