ZJF_USA
United States
Joined 4411 days ago

15 posts - 21 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 9 of 15
16 April 2015 at 1:05am | IP Logged 
In Unit 12 of programmatic. Keeping on keeping on.
1 person has voted this message useful

ZJF_USA
United States
Joined 4411 days ago

15 posts - 21 votes

Message 10 of 15
22 April 2015 at 6:03pm | IP Logged 
I'm almost finished with unit 12. A change-up at work kept me away from too much Spanish for a few days though I usually fit in something. Since going to the second wave in Assimil, I probably complete only two to three lessons per week. To improve reading skills I've started a programmed reading manual. Bilingual Bible reading, a couple more episodes of Alf and an odd news podcast round out the last two weeks of studying. As much as possible, I train myself to enjoy the process of training for lack of better words. It is a slow accumulation of tiny victories. If I've finally mastered a new phrase, or sound cluster that I've mangled over thirty-times prior then I am one step closer to any goal in Spanish.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Clarity
Groupie
United States
Joined 3324 days ago

85 posts - 107 votes 

Message 11 of 15
23 April 2015 at 2:56am | IP Logged 
If you are on FSI Unit 12, I want to reassure you that there will be guests at the Harris's Party. I'm on Unit 13 and the party is finally in full swing. ;)

ZJF_USA
United States
Joined 4411 days ago

15 posts - 21 votes

Message 12 of 15
23 April 2015 at 8:19am | IP Logged 
Clarity wrote:
If you are on FSI Unit 12, I want to reassure you that there will be guests at the Harris's Party. I'm on Unit 13 and the party is finally in full swing. ;)

Count me in at least in spirit! You're in FSI Basic right?

Clarity
Groupie
United States
Joined 3324 days ago

85 posts - 107 votes 

Message 13 of 15
23 April 2015 at 3:46pm | IP Logged 
Hi ZJF. I'm using FSI/Platiquemos. It's supposed to be an updated, Latin American version of FSI Basic. The audio quality still leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm liking it more than I thought I would.    

ZJF_USA
United States
Joined 4411 days ago

15 posts - 21 votes

Message 14 of 15
27 April 2015 at 11:17pm | IP Logged 
Veteran Spanish FSIers:

Right now I am in lesson 13 of FSI Spanish Programmatic (FSI-SP). I know FSI-SP consists of only two of an originally planned four volumes. Now I've read that FSI-SP volume two is not near the quality of the first volume. Would I do well switching to FSI Basic after completing volume one of FSI-SP? I would appreciate the inpute for those who have completed both courses.

Thanks

Edited by ZJF_USA on 27 April 2015 at 11:17pm

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5177 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 15 of 15
27 April 2015 at 11:19pm | IP Logged 
I have not done Programmatic. I would recommend just doing the Basic course. people seem to agree that the Basic course is more comprehensive and is generally a better course.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 15 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version