Diglot
Brazil
Joined 3929 days ago

34 posts - 42 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Russian

Message 9 of 13
18 September 2015 at 6:02am | IP Logged 
I can't find it anywhere on the CeLT website.
1 person has voted this message useful

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3851 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 10 of 13
18 September 2015 at 2:21pm | IP Logged 
Hello, Isilvaj:

Yes, I see that Cortina Russian has not yet been posted to the CeLT website. I suspect that the Indiana University's Recorded Materials Archive staff are a rather small group who are over-worked and whose mission is not well appreciated by many outside the department. So, I expect that there will be a delay in posting the materials.

First, as a means of "encouraging" action on this matter, I suggest that you send an Email to Ms. Rebecca Muth, Language Materials Coordinator, Center for Language Technology (Celt), Indiana University via the CeLT "PLEASE EMAIL" portal, expressing your appreciation for her support of this project, your enthusiasm at the prospect of being able to download the materials, and a gently-worded enquiry as to when the materials might become available.

Second, in the meantime, while I do not wish to become the "central clearing house" for these materials, if you send me a Private Message containing your Email address, I will upload the materials to a File Hosting website and will send you the links so that you might download them.

Edited by Speakeasy on 18 September 2015 at 2:38pm

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3851 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 

Message 11 of 13
29 September 2015 at 5:19pm | IP Logged 
The Cortina Russian audio recordings, both the original version as well as the re-recorded version, along with a PDF copy of the textbook, have been posted to the Indiana University CeLT Recorded Materials Archives website. Cortina Russian on CeLT   It would appear that Indiana University has created a "new website" and that their staff are presently in the process of migrating the materials from the "old website" to the new.

Edited by Speakeasy on 29 September 2015 at 8:30pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

fanatic
Octoglot
Australia
speedmathematics.com
Joined 6945 days ago

1152 posts - 1818 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French, Afrikaans, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch
Studies: Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Modern Hebrew, Malay, Mandarin, Esperanto

Message 12 of 13
30 September 2015 at 10:27am | IP Logged 
Thank you Speakeasy for providing the recordings. I bought the Cortina Russian book some years ago but the audio wasn't available. I downloaded the audio today. Lesson 16 of the 71 audio isn't a genuine file. I downloaded both the 52 and the 71 audio lessons.

I like the Cortina courses as they seem more practical than many language courses. I have the Cortina books for Greek and Portuguese as well as the Russian. I will make good use of the recordings.

Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3851 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 

Message 13 of 13
30 September 2015 at 11:33pm | IP Logged 
To set the matter straight, this small success in hosting the Cortina Russian materials on the Indiana University CeLT could not have been realized without the collaboration of the following people:

Ms. Magdalen Livesey, President, Cortina Learning International, Inc.
Ms. Rebecca Muth, Language Materials Coordinator, Center for Language Technology (Celt), Indiana University
Fellow HTLAL Forum Members: Jpazzz, daristani, n_f_l

They did the work, I was a drop-box for their contributions.

Edited by Speakeasy on 30 September 2015 at 11:34pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version