Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

So I downloaded the SuperMemo Demo.. wtf?

Language Learning Forum : Advice Center Post Reply
18 messages over 3 pages: 1 2
martinus
Diglot
Poland
Joined 4403 days ago

3 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: French

Message 17 of 18
03 May 2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged 
Hi,

this thread is quite old, but in case someone in need comes across it, I'm adding the following:

* http://help.supermemo.org/wiki/Main_Page <- SuperMemo 15 manual. Start with "ABC of SuperMemo 15", then "Step by step: SuperMemo User's Guide", then "Overviews (how-to articles)", and finally, the rest.

* http://help.supermemo.org/wiki/Special:SuperMemoTV <- SuperMemo 2006/2008/15 video tutorials

Regards,
martinus

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6408 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 18 of 18
03 May 2012 at 5:20pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Is it ok to ask some questions about Mnemosyne here? I've realized I've forgotten quite a lot of Finnish words I learnt about a year ago with a software program that doesn't show the word anymore once you've reached a high score. So I guess from now on I'll be using Mnemosyne or some other program that never marks words as completely "done". The program that I used however has a nice feature - after you've written the word correctly, it also shows an example sentence with this word, provided you've entered one in the dictionary. As far as I understand there's no such feature in Mnemosyne, is there? Are there any free programs that have such algorithm as Mnemosyne/SuperMemo, can show examples and support Unicode?
Answering my own questions 5 years later :)))
Chill out girl, read more and these words will stick. (now deleting almost all Finnish words I added back then - single word cards are boring and I've already seen them too many times)

For a separate field with examples, Anki is a good solution. It can also make you type the word. And it can be used online, including via mob net.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version