United Kingdom
soyouwanttolearnalan
Joined 6708 days ago

371 posts - 478 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: Mandarin

Message 57 of 83
16 May 2008 at 8:23am | IP Logged 
Just to let you know, japanesepod101 have released some new podcasts; Arabicpod101, Italianpod101, Germanpod101 & Frenchpod101.

God they're really cranking them out, aren't they? I think it would have been better if they'd focused on lesser-studied languages that don't already have quality resources, in my opinion.

And Chinesepod have also just released Frenchpod.
1 person has voted this message useful

TheElvenLord
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5874 days ago

915 posts - 927 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: Cornish, English*
Studies: Spanish, French, German
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 58 of 83
16 May 2008 at 10:28am | IP Logged 
www.radyo.kernewegva.com

This is a site for the only Cornish podcast on the net, if anyone speaks Welsh or Breton, you will notice how similar it is.
Also, it gives you a taste of the language.

TEL

geirtbr
Groupie
Norway
Joined 6451 days ago

83 posts - 90 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*
Studies: Russian

Message 59 of 83
24 May 2008 at 10:36am | IP Logged 
Russian - Эхо москвы - http://www.echo.msk.ru/about/rss
An old russian radio station. They also have transcripts.

russian podcasting
http://rpod.ru/
Podcast directory. Seems to be mostly amateur programs. Variable quality (and language. I liked svobodaya
derevnya - http://freevillage.ru/

furthermore, ruvr (a public broadcasting service) has a lot of audio files on: http://www.ruvr.ru/main.php?
lng=rus&w=312
It was labeled as podcasting, but I did not find any RSS links. However, the mp3 files appeared to be downloadable.

Edited by geirtbr on 24 May 2008 at 11:26am

Sloan
United States
myspace.com/moo
Joined 5919 days ago

8 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 60 of 83
26 May 2008 at 2:09pm | IP Logged 
Lithuanian

unzum
Diglot
United Kingdom
soyouwanttolearnalan
Joined 6708 days ago

371 posts - 478 votes 

Message 61 of 83
27 May 2008 at 7:23am | IP Logged 
That Lithuanian podcast is fantastic by the way. So many podcasts, free transcripts, I'd never realised there was such a dedicated podcast for Lithuanian.

Oh, and Radio Lingua are going to be introducing some new podcasts soon.
One Minute Norwegian, One Minute Luxembourgish (!!), Catalan, Scottish Gaelic, Japanese and Mandarin.

Awesome, I can't wait!

Vlad
Trilingual Super Polyglot
Czechoslovakia
foreverastudent.com
Joined 6378 days ago

443 posts - 576 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, Hungarian*, Mandarin, EnglishC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Serbian, French
Studies: Persian, Taiwanese, Romanian, Portuguese

Message 63 of 83
01 September 2008 at 12:14pm | IP Logged 
I have found a nice Croatian news podcast which is updated every day with the duration of about 25 minutes. It can be found in iTunes under:

Funkhaus Europa - Radio Forum

The radio is German, but the podcasts are in Croatian.

unzum
Diglot
United Kingdom
soyouwanttolearnalan
Joined 6708 days ago

371 posts - 478 votes 

Message 64 of 83
07 September 2008 at 7:26pm | IP Logged 
Japanese:

百物語を読んでみた - Short horror stories. It uses music and effects and the narrator is pretty good. Each story is only a few minutes long so it's pretty easy to listen again for better understanding. I'm a fan of 「世にも奇妙なものがたり」 so this is really fun to listen to.

The Last Wave - This appears to be an audio drama about the end of the world and the last survivors. I've only listened to a few episodes but each episode seems to stand on its own. The episodes are a few minutes long and pretty interesting.

Also, furyou gaijin didn't say but LoveCosme is a woman talking about her sexual experiences. I got quite a shock when I clicked on the link, however, it is certainly interesting!!

Also, try Mixpod for recommendations of Japanese podcasts. It also categorizes the podcasts according to each type of listener: business man, OL (office lady), student, housewife, otaku (nerd, geek) & freeter (grown-up kid who stay living at their parents' house and sponge off them).
And you can check out some of the high ranking podcasts at Podcastjuice.jp.

Chocolat is a bilingual French/Japanese podcast talking about interesting issues.

French:

La revue de presque - a really funny podcast with interviewing 'politicians' about recent news, except it's just one man, pretending to be all these famous people. Even if you can't understand the content the accents are enough to make you laugh. (P.S. They have a real interview at the beginning before the comedy show).
I'd also recommend Europe1 as a source for other podcasts. I always enjoyed listening to them on the radio and their presenters always seems very passionate, with some interviews turning into arguments!

Cantonese:

RTHK has lots of interesting podcasts available. You could also check out the language learning section, they have podcasts for learning Mandarin, Japanese, Korean and Spanish, with free transcripts and other material in their e-learning section. I listen to the Japanese one and it's pretty good.

Franzi, have you stopped updating this thread?

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 83 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version