24 messages over 3 pages: 1 2
Zhuangzi
Nonaglot
Language Program Publisher
Canada
lingq.com
Joined 6816 days ago

646 posts - 688 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Japanese, Swedish, Mandarin, Cantonese, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Russian

Message 17 of 24
23 January 2008 at 12:07am | IP Logged 
Thanks for all the help I will give it another chance when I get the time. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
1 person has voted this message useful

ryuukohito
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
Malaysia
Joined 6024 days ago

89 posts - 98 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Malay*
Studies: French, Japanese

Message 18 of 24
23 January 2008 at 3:17am | IP Logged 
Zhuangzi wrote:
Thanks for all the help I will give it another chance when I get the time. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

I'm glad that I could be of help.

Kleberson
Diglot
Great Britain
Joined 6206 days ago

166 posts - 168 votes 
Speaks: English*, Portuguese
Studies: Italian, Russian, Arabic (Written), Mandarin

Message 19 of 24
19 August 2008 at 3:55am | IP Logged 
Hi

Is there a way that I can make all the 'between sentence silence' lengths the same? This is for Assimil, so that I can get all the individual sentences without only parts of them being included.

If anyone can help, I'd be extremely greatful.

Cheers

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6227 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 20 of 24
19 August 2008 at 4:53am | IP Logged 
Kleberson wrote:
Hi

Is there a way that I can make all the 'between sentence silence' lengths the same? This is for Assimil, so that I can get all the individual sentences without only parts of them being included.

If anyone can help, I'd be extremely greatful.

Cheers

Edit -> Select all.
Effect -> Truncate Silence.

Kleberson
Diglot
Great Britain
Joined 6206 days ago

166 posts - 168 votes 

Message 21 of 24
19 August 2008 at 4:57am | IP Logged 
Yeah I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work, it still cuts up the indicidual sentences.

Thanks

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6227 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 22 of 24
19 August 2008 at 5:00am | IP Logged 
Kleberson wrote:
Yeah I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work, it still cuts up the indicidual sentences.

Thanks

Yes, if the sentence contains unnatural pauses, it still would. At that point, you'll have to manually edit, while possibly mumbling under your breath at Assimil for using slow and unnatural intonation.

Kleberson
Diglot
Great Britain
Joined 6206 days ago

166 posts - 168 votes 

Message 23 of 24
19 August 2008 at 5:02am | IP Logged 
Volte wrote:
Kleberson wrote:

Thanks

Yes, if the sentence contains unnatural pauses, it still would. At that point, you'll have to manually edit, while possibly mumbling under your breath at Assimil for using slow and unnatural intonation.

I was scared I'd have to do it manually, but thanks for taking the time to respond. And the unnatural intonation is indeed a massive annoyance.

Thanks

Zetko86
Heptaglot
Italy
Joined 4297 days ago

18 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: Slovenian, Italian*, English, Serbo-Croatian, FrenchB1, GermanB2, Russian
Studies: Japanese, Hungarian

Message 24 of 24
11 August 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged 
I would like to add that it's as well possible to do with foobar2000 and the "foo dsp skip silence" plug-in (on multiple files). The procedure goes this way: Install foobar (from http://www.foobar2000.org/) and the "foo dsp skip silence" plug-in (from http://acropolis.lokalen.org/2006/10/foobar2000/my-foobar200 0-components/) which needs to be copied in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components" folder. Load the files you want to edit in the playlist, then select them and chose "convert" in the right-click menu. A window should open, then select "processing" and then "Arco Skip Silence" configure the plug-in (for instance I set "minimum length of silence to skip" to 200ms). Then select the output file format (you might need a separate plug-in for that as well or just select uncompressed WAV) and finally convert the file.

This discussion contains 24 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version