Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6563 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 25 of 89
31 December 2012 at 7:20pm | IP Logged 
Here are the year-end summaries for The Japanese Team い. There are a lot more of us who survived the year, but so far, not many have done summaries. I guess they are waiting till the absolute end of the year, or perhaps they are too exhausted after a whole year of TACing, or are too busy thinking about starting next year’s TAC to think about ending this one.

g-bod
Brun Ugle (Don’t read mine. It’s embarrassing.)
kraemder
Woodsei
mrwarper
Sunja
Takato

Edit: I figured I could add the names of everyone who seems still to be around and just add links as they write their summaries, assuming they do.

Edit: I'm gradually collecting links as people complete their summaries.

EDIT: That's everyone, I think. I've linked to summaries for all the logs.

Edited by Brun Ugle on 04 January 2013 at 6:51pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 6028 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 26 of 89
01 January 2013 at 6:10pm | IP Logged 
Message 128 on page 16, I've sort of spliced my summary in where my new TAC begins. (My new online class started on Dec. 8 so I ended TAC 2012 early.)

In the course of my learning this past year there were a lot more hills than there were valleys, so there's not much to read in terms of a summary. A dotted line is the only thing separating TAC 2012 from TAC 2013. And so the journey continues!

Flarioca
Heptaglot
Brazil
Joined 5825 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Esperanto, French, EnglishC2, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Mandarin

Message 27 of 89
01 January 2013 at 6:53pm | IP Logged 
These are the threads of the German Team for TAC 2012. My link leads to my 2012 language report.

Flarioca
MrWarper
Tournesol
Ummagumma
kyknos
Isabliss_27
Hidden

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5169 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 28 of 89
02 January 2013 at 1:51pm | IP Logged 
I didn't wrap up 2012 too formally, and I did so quite early over my 'final' (but not last) post on my TAc'12 log and the second one on my TAC'13 log, so just in case anyone is interested I'll spare you the work to go through my log and I'll just put an excerpt with the relevant parts here:
On 2012/12/04, mrwarper wrote:
[...]
Which leads me to hereby sadly close down my 2012 TAC thread with zilch advance (or close enough). In a moment I'll open my 2013 thread in the --hopefully not vain-- hopes that adding a full month to the year will get me somewhere (since anything would be further ;)

See the original post
Getting ready for TAC'13, mrwarper further wrote:
[...]
Well, I got round to getting my C2 certification in English (which didn't interfere with anything, all I devoted to that was sitting through the exam) and failing my German B2. I don't feel bad about that because all the refresh I did means I must be at a solid B1 now. I somewhat improved my spoken Russian and did absolutely nothing with my Japanese, other than following my Team (Team い) log.
Original post here, and for the voting, etc. please keep in mind that getting my English C2 wasn't even one of my 'TAC language goal's

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5277 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 29 of 89
06 January 2013 at 5:08pm | IP Logged 
Ok. This thread has been up for a month, and we have usually voted at mid - end of December, so I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will be giving my vote now.

The difficulty of voting is however as present as ever. Most of us do not actually read all the logs, we read the ones of our team mates (for whom we cannot vote) and then we may read some for languages we are interested in, or by people we generally find interesting, and whose logs turn out to be good fun. Traditionally, votes have been given based on the strength of the individual logs of the team, whether they have been informative, fun, or whatever you consider a good log and how they as a team have inspired others and supported each other. This year we have also added the end of the year reports, to measure participation.

I will therefore try to base my assessment on those criteria, all while I lament that I can not vote for more than one team, as there are good contestants on several teams.

However my vote for team TAC 2012 goes to : THE ROMANTICS

Individual logs

There are several good ones, in particular those of Kanewai, Kerrie, Songlines and garyb. Kanewai's one has actually been on the verge of getting me in trouble for laughing at inappropriate places and times, and I have been inspired to read literature that I have been shunning for decades. Kerrie is an ongoing inspiration juggling two kids and tons of languages. Being a mom myself I know exactly how hard that is. She has also done an amazing job in the Super Challenge, where she has consistently been one of the top three, and thereby inspired others.

Team effort

As far as I have seen, they have been there for each other when they have needed a friendly nudge, and Kanewai has in addition started the Assimil challenge, which has contributed to making people going after fresh languages.

Participation

I do not remember how many members they had to begin with, but several members have made it to the end.

---------------

As to the individual TAC my vote for 2012 goes to FASULYE.

She has a work ethic which is inspiring, and she has been one of the more consistent participants I know - team or individual.

---------------

So this is my vote, I will be looking forward to seeing the others :-)

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 06 January 2013 at 5:42pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6540 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 30 of 89
06 January 2013 at 6:00pm | IP Logged 
My vote is for Team *jäŋe / *ledús.

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6085 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 31 of 89
06 January 2013 at 8:04pm | IP Logged 
My vote is for Team Sputnik.

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5338 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 32 of 89
06 January 2013 at 8:06pm | IP Logged 
My vote is for Team Sputnik also. :)

This discussion contains 89 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version