Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
27 messages over 4 pages: 1 2 3
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6271 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 25 of 27
06 August 2009 at 12:31pm | IP Logged 
Note my new Modern Greek milestone!

Bouda, 在柏林一定有很多中国人,一定有机会练习, 但是我在这儿还没有中国朋友。又太忙了, 又太不舒服因为我不能听懂很多很容易的言! 可是我在世界语的大会议帮助了个中国女孩儿 ,也在因特网谈汉语。

Edited by Sprachprofi on 06 August 2009 at 12:31pm

1 person has voted this message useful

bouda
United States
Joined 5398 days ago

194 posts - 197 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 26 of 27
06 August 2009 at 9:40pm | IP Logged 
真好!希望你继续学中文,继续进步。

I had some suggestions for your sentence, but I wasn't sure whether I was right on one
point (I felt that the you4/tai4 combination was a little weird), so I asked a native
speaker friend what she thought about it. Instead of responding to my prompt, she
decided to correct your entire post. So here is her rendition.

在柏林一定有很多中国人,一定有机会练习, 但是我在这儿还没有中国朋友。太忙了,而且 因为我还听不懂很多很容易的
话,所以也觉得不舒服。可是我在世界语的大 会中帮助了个中国女孩儿,也在英特网上练习 汉语。

"练习汉语" replaces "谈汉语" in this draft - I want to point out that 谈汉语 means to talk
about Mandarin, which didn't seem correct in context. But then again, perhaps we just
misunderstood your point and you were actually trying to tell us about the stirring
debates on the linguistics of Mandarin Chinese that you participate in!

I know you didn't ask for any corrections, but I hope this is helpful anyway!

And great job on your milestone. I'm still waiting for that day with my Arabic!

Edited by bouda on 06 August 2009 at 9:40pm

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6271 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 27 of 27
02 January 2010 at 5:55pm | IP Logged 
So what do I have to show for the TAC 2009?

My Chinese has improved by leaps and bounds, even if I'm still unable to read original Chinese literature. I have read 1 1/2 easy readers and decent chunks of "The Little Prince" and "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" in Chinese. My biggest achievement is bringing my count of known characters up to 2953 though (instead of the intended 3000), 953 of them since September 9th, and doing an average of two Anki Chinese character sessions a day. I have completed the first volume of "Cracking the Chinese puzzles". I've also taken some private classes to improve my speaking ability.

In Greek I have read several easy readers and taken quite a few online classes. My ability to communicate has definitely improved, and in August I reached my first milestone - being able to understand a Greek lesson when taught in Greek. Also, I got a Greek Harry Potter book for Christmas and found that I can understand the meaning of almost all sentences, and that enables me to learn the new words in them. I'm still going to chip away at Assimil though in order to improve my more regular vocabulary. I'm on lesson 26.

I have read several books in French and two in Italian. I've also spoken some Italian and noticed it's not quite so rusty anymore, though it's still not recovered as much as I wanted it to be.

I have taken a whole lot of Spanish classes and reached a nice conversational level, even if I'm still tempted to throw in Italian words.

I have rekindled my interest in Swahili, getting up to Assimil lesson 23.

I have also rekindled my interest in Arabic when I found an Arabic course that does not suck, however I only studied two intense lessons before deciding that I really shouldn't take so many languages at once. I'm now hoping to resist the urge to study Arabic until the second half of 2010.

I'm still working on discipline to study more regularly. Doviende's spreadsheet solution helps a lot, but there are still times when I feel so overwhelmed by my university writing and GermanPod101 responsibilities that I while away the vast majority of some days. Fortunately, one of my latest escape routes has been the game Albion, of which I bought a French version. Due to the high text content of the game, I'm claiming half the time spent playing as French study time. For Christmas I got the book "Refuse to choose", which has also given me a lot of pointers as to how to juggle my interests and projects; I'm looking forward to trying them out and seeing if I could extract a higher amount of study hours.

Edited by Sprachprofi on 13 January 2010 at 12:51pm

This discussion contains 27 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version