Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Speed Reading for faster learning?

Tags: Reading
 Language Learning Forum : Learning Techniques, Methods & Strategies (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
49 messages over 7 pages: 1 2 3 4 57  Next >>
roncy
Pentaglot
Germany
Joined 5711 days ago

105 posts - 112 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, German, Spanish, Latin

Message 41 of 49
03 October 2009 at 7:24pm | IP Logged 
simonov wrote:

I too agree. And also chose to ignore him, as my posts get deleted if I do not.
What really bugs me is that it seems I voted for Cainntears last message. By mistake, how could I? I could not believe my eyes when it said: "You have already voted for this post". I was not even drunk when I voted, I never drink during the day. There is no way to un-vote I suppose?

I don't think there is, mate.
But it's funny enough to deserve a vote, for usefulness: it'll teach you to look carefully before you jump. Eile mit Weile!
1 person has voted this message useful

roncy
Pentaglot
Germany
Joined 5711 days ago

105 posts - 112 votes 

Message 42 of 49
04 October 2009 at 4:11pm | IP Logged 
Ajijic10 wrote:
It would truly be a shame if we lose a poster as qualified as Lingua due to the obstinacy and pettiness of a single poster. I hope she chooses to ignore him (I usually do) and keep contributing to the forum.

Too late. Lingua has done what Charlmartell did, for the same reason, deactivated himself. Gone!

Ajijic10
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 6709 days ago

161 posts - 210 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 43 of 49
05 October 2009 at 5:24am | IP Logged 
roncy wrote:
Ajijic10 wrote:
It would truly be a shame if we lose a poster as qualified as Lingua due to the obstinacy and pettiness of a single poster. I hope she chooses to ignore him (I usually do) and keep contributing to the forum.

Too late. Lingua has done what Charlmartell did, for the same reason, deactivated himself. Gone!

Perfect! Now we can all get down to business instead of wasting our time with people who've been studying and teaching languages for twenty or so years. What the h*ll do they know? From now on it's Michel Thomas Beginning and Advanced (plus a lot of grammar) then put Fluent for the language in question in my profile and then post here over 1,500 times in a little over a year telling others how I did it.

Sounds good to me.

3 persons have voted this message useful

roncy
Pentaglot
Germany
Joined 5711 days ago

105 posts - 112 votes 

Message 44 of 49
05 October 2009 at 9:10am | IP Logged 
Ajijic10 wrote:

Perfect! Now we can all get down to business instead of wasting our time with people who've been studying and teaching languages for twenty or so years. What the h*ll do they know? From now on it's Michel Thomas Beginning and Advanced (plus a lot of grammar) then put Fluent for the language in question in my profile and then post here over 1,500 times in a little over a year telling others how I did it.
Sounds good to me.

I hope you're not being serious.I really liked Lingua, short, sharp and to the point.

Leopejo
Bilingual Triglot
Italy
Joined 5903 days ago

675 posts - 724 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Finnish*, English
Studies: French, Russian

Message 45 of 49
05 October 2009 at 9:37am | IP Logged 
roncy wrote:
Ajijic10 wrote:

Sounds good to me.

I hope you're not being serious.

Just as a hint, Ajijic10's first two sentences after Perfect! refer to Lingua et co., while the third sentence refers to someone else, who, I gather, you don't have in much sympathy.

Edited by Leopejo on 05 October 2009 at 9:38am

roncy
Pentaglot
Germany
Joined 5711 days ago

105 posts - 112 votes 

Message 46 of 49
05 October 2009 at 2:24pm | IP Logged 
Leopejo wrote:

Just as a hint, Ajijic10's first two sentences after Perfect! refer to Lingua et co., while the third sentence refers to someone else, who, I gather, you don't have in much sympathy.

I am relieved!

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5805 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 
Speaks: Lowland Scots, English*, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Studies: Catalan, Italian, German, Irish, Welsh

Message 47 of 49
05 October 2009 at 4:03pm | IP Logged 
Oh for pity's sake!

So I'm the petty one, am I? I'm willing to take these personal issues to PM and stop derailing these conversations, even if it means not defending myself against these attacks, but you lot always ignore me and continue to lay into me on increasingly off-topic threads. And now that we're able to vote for posts, you go and vote each other's messages as "useful" simply because they're slagging me off.

I know I've been a bit of a broken record when it comes to MT and I've tried to keep away from discussing it apart from where other people have brought it up. I've discussed topics including wordlists, reading novels and various other things that have nothing to do with MT, but some of you are fixated on the fact that I like a course that you don't.

So tell me again who the petty one is?
4 persons have voted this message useful

Leopejo
Bilingual Triglot
Italy
Joined 5903 days ago

675 posts - 724 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Finnish*, English
Studies: French, Russian

Message 48 of 49
05 October 2009 at 4:09pm | IP Logged 
I hope you don't include me (I'm just the messenger), as I agree with you on the new MTs and haven't had the pleasure of using the original ones.

Cainntear wrote:
And now that we're able to vote for posts, you go and vote each other's messages as "useful" simply because they're slagging me off.

Roncy and Ajijic10 together have less than a third of your number of votes.

This discussion contains 49 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version